WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You're kidding right? How'd someone donate a $10k watch to good will?
$10,000 for a vintage Deep Sea Alarm in that condition? No, maybe double that.

I have serious doubts about this story. Are we to believe nobody at Goodwill would take the 30 seconds to google the name of the watch that is on the dial?

But hey,

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Majority of people that work at places like that are clueless. There were a few old fossils with dead batteries for like $ 15. Bc everyone knows that brand
Sorry, but this requires a huge amount of suspension of disbelief. You're proposing that not a single person in the facility had the foresight to google the available information that is provided on the dial, which I find hard to believe. You also clearly have access to a camera and internet yet you were unable to take any pictures of it, with the price tag attatched in the display case. There's not a single way to verify that you bought that watch for $5 at a Goodwill store, all that you have provided is a generic price tag and receipt showing you purchased something for $5 at Goodwill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, but this requires a huge amount of suspension of disbelief. You're proposing that not a single person in the facility had the foresight to google the available information that is provided on the dial, which I find hard to believe. You also clearly have access to a camera and internet yet you were unable to take any pictures of it, with the price tag attatched in the display case. There's not a single way to verify that you bought that watch for $5 at a Goodwill store, all that you have provided is a generic price tag and receipt showing you purchased something for $5 at Goodwill.
sorry for not handing it back to the individual and saying "hey put it back in the case on top of the pile of watches I dug it out up so I can take a pic" I just wanted to pay for it and bounce. I'm sure they have cameras in the store. But I don't think it will come to that in order to verify the find..

I don't care if people Believe it or not. I'm on top of the world

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
sorry for not handing it back to the individual and saying "hey put it back in the case on top of the pile of watches I dug it out up so I can take a pic" I just wanted to pay for it and bounce. I'm sure they have cameras in the store. But I don't think it will come to that in order to verify the find..

I don't care if people Believe it or not. I'm on top of the world
Oh, so it's not a joke? . I couldnt tell at first glance when I saw the oringal post on my iphone screen, but is it the vintage or new version (albeit a bit dirty). Or maybe a decent replica. Does the alarm work?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.