WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Great buy mate, I read the article today.
I've read a lot of comments elsewhere with a lot of unnecessary hate.
All the best mate, enjoy the speedy and the added funds. Good luck with the wedding as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't realize it would get this much attention. IRS is going to be crawling up my ass.
God forbid someone works hard to make a come up to get there life back on track.
If I had found that watch at a Goodwill I would have first taken it to my watchmaster to get serviced.
Then I would have kept my mouth shut about it.
Any deal would have gone unnoticed and not splashed across various websites.

I'm happy for ya' but you wanted to brag about it, next time keep it quiet and put out feelers.
If dot gov does come around , lesson learned.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was great reading your story, great find. The day I read the article on Hodinkee I gave my local Value Village and Salvation Army a visit. I then realized I was in Toronto which gives me 4% chance of maybe finding something decent.

Sad.. but the hunt continues.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
What do you mean by a 4% chance because you're in Toronto?

Was great reading your story, great find. The day I read the article on Hodinkee I gave my local Value Village and Salvation Army a visit. I then realized I was in Toronto which gives me 4% chance of maybe finding something decent.

Sad.. but the hunt continues.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Great story, and happy for the OP. He won the watchfinder lottery - there will always be haters and naysayers - enjoy the money and your wedding and don't feel bad (not that you are!) - we are all just jealous!!

Reactions: MR CARDOSO

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Congrats on a once in a lifetime find! I agree, though, you probably shouldn't have taken this public because of repercussions for you, the store employees, as well as other thrift store bargain hunters.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.