WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Im looking for a preowned piece of the AT2500 (Cream Dial w Blue Hand) but unfortunately I cant find one is the used section o|(that is in better condition). Could anyone here able to assist on this (i.e. sell yours?:-d) or am I better off to look at NOS at ADs, boutiques, FD etc?

Tx in advance for advices.

Cheers
PS: It is Dixan's fault that Im into this AT:-d

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
Sorry, Broleo! :-d Alas, I ache for another myself. It seems they are increasingly hard to find. There weren't that many to begin with, and people really seem to be hanging onto them. Maybe post a "WTB"? Best of luck. I hope you find what you're looking for! :-!

PS: Any chance to throw this old photo up again:

(It's now under the care of our own KENNEJ, in London.)

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I'm always confused when this is called a cream dial as it isn't cream at all, it's more of a matte silver. Either way, I have an early one which I wouldn't part with for love or money. I would imagine that the dial is still easily available and an easy swap...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
arghhhh

Tx A LOT againo|:-d...you need to do this to me, do you?o|o|o| :-d

Yeah, I have posted in WTB and see how it goes from there. Found 1 in ebay... nahhh I dun think I will bid for it though, Id rather buy from member here who take care of their watches and can be trusted.|>

cheers

Sorry, Broleo! :-d Alas, I ache for another myself. It seems they are increasingly hard to find. There weren't that many to begin with, and people really seem to be hanging onto them. Maybe post a "WTB"? Best of luck. I hope you find what you're looking for! :-!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Cal 2500s have a way of sneaking up on you. Have you tried the FAD?
Im trying the preowned route first as I would like to have funds reserved for something during year end;-)

I'm always confused when this is called a cream dial as it isn't cream at all, it's more of a matte silver. Either way, I have an early one which I wouldn't part with for love or money. I would imagine that the dial is still easily available and an easy swap...
err, Im confused as well:-d. The dial can be easily swapped? Meaning if i were to get the black face I can swap it using independent watch repairer? How about the blue hand? The blue hand IMO is the factor why the watch look d*mn good

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
I wonder where one could get the dial and hands-set, though? I'm pretty certain Ofrei doesn't have them. Can they order them? Although I love my current blue dial, I've wondered, in the past, if this could be done as well.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I always tell customers that it's a pearlescent silver dial. It's a color used on most whitish dialled watches.
Not to be confused with the stark white dials found on high-end dress models from the likes of Audemars-Piguet or Blancpain and Breguet. These types of porcelain-looking dials have a more "bathroom-tile" white to them.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Good luck in your quest, I have one that I bought virtually on the cusp of their being discontinued, was hesitant about the watch given it isn't my typicaly conservative style...but now I wouldn't sell the watch for anything as I love wearing it and the look of it.

Seems they are a hard find on sales boards and I am guessing impossible to find NOS at a dealer.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well described here teeritz, maybe we can call it pearl white? That should be the colour code then.

I always tell customers that it's a pearlescent silver dial. It's a color used on most whitish dialled watches.
Not to be confused with the stark white dials found on high-end dress models from the likes of Audemars-Piguet or Blancpain and Breguet. These types of porcelain-looking dials have a more "bathroom-tile" white to them.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
hmm this is very discouraging to say the least. Some encouragement is much appreciated for me to find at least a preowned piece:-(

Let see if anyone able to point to me or assist in my quest for this AT
cheers

Good luck in your quest, I have one that I bought virtually on the cusp of their being discontinued, was hesitant about the watch given it isn't my typicaly conservative style...but now I wouldn't sell the watch for anything as I love wearing it and the look of it.

Seems they are a hard find on sales boards and I am guessing impossible to find NOS at a dealer.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Kevin, looking at your pic makes me regret losing the opportunity a piece that is LNIB not too long ago ..... I should have done it

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yes - lovely watch and at the risk of sounding cliched, probably one of the few, true 'future classics' in the Omega range of late.

I have a black dial model and despite bemoaning a loss of a Speedy getting it ( which I have rectified by buying a new one! ) it has grown and grown on me and is one of my favourite watches amongst the many I have owned - so simple and understated and yet surprisingly beautiful and versatile. It doesn't try and be a good watch - it just is one! The 'white' dial is probably more sought after than my model and has a more sporty look about it I think - I hope you can nab one. In whichever variation, they're great watches and real keepers.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
|>Tx M4tt for the pointer, we will see how it goes.

whifferdill, all my current ones come with black faces, so it seem that the AT "aluminium white" really appeal to me.:)

Well, it seem that I will need to wait for the right one with the right price to come along.

The best part of this watch hunting has just began... especially for these type of "endangered" species:-d:-!

Wish me luck and any pointers would be appreciated...Will keep all updated.

Cheers.. Or should I go for the new AT8500 white dial:-x??o|

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Best of luck champ!

The last place i saw one of these in the flesh was the Omega Boutique in Sydney... A steal at only $6k :roll:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Mark,

when did you last saw it? Boutique would not give a single cent discount on that beauty.

Best of luck champ!

The last place i saw one of these in the flesh was the Omega Boutique in Sydney... A steal at only $6k :roll:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Best of luck champ!

A great watch, but not 6k great.

I last saw the old 2500 Aqua Terra for sale at $4,100 on strap. Surely it hasn't gone up by 2k in a year, with our dollar at parity with the USD???

I was in an Omega AD yesterday; I was agog at the prices charged these days. $7800 plus change for a Speedy Date; $6200 plus for a sapphire sandwich, nearly $12,000 (!!!) reduced to $8,000 for a IWC Pilots chrono on strap (a bargain!).

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts