WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How do I choose a leather strap for my Super Avenger?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EJC 
#1 ·
I'd really like to see how my new SA would look and feel on a leather strap (although I love the Pro II bracelet), but I'm not sure I want to spend the 180€ on a Breitling strap right away, so I thought I'd get a Hirsch strap, since I've read good things on their products.

So, I've found a German site called watchband.biz, which deals in Hirsch straps, and what I need now is to make sure I don't order the wrong one. :think:

There are obviously 2 dimensions to consider, lug width and buckle width. Now, on the Breitling website, these measurements are presented like this: »Interhorn width: 24/20mm«.

I don't quite know what to make of that, am I correct in assuming that the first value (24mm) is the lug width, and the second one (20mm) is the buckle width? If so, than I have yet to find a single Hirsch strap to fit the Super Avenger, since all that have the required 24 millimeters lug width, have a buckle width of 22 and not 20 mm. Does this mean I'm doomed or is this second value not as crucial and what sort of difference does it make?

Thanks for your help, hope my questions don't come across as silly.

Best wishes,

David

P.S.:
If anyone knows anything about the above mentioned website, please let me know, or recommend another that you've dealt with and have had a good buying experience. Thanks. ;-)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

To see what it would look like is simple, go to http://www.breitling.co.jp/ and select fitting, then go to the SA, select dial and then the strap combo you want

Simple pimple....

Enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.