WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello internet community!

I'm wondering how I remove the battery from my watch in this picture below for the next time when I need to change teh battery. Noticed it seems there are 3 golden prongs or tabs holding the battery down. In this picture, they are approximatley at the 10 and 3 o clock position with respect ot the battery. Do need a screwdriver to loosen up that flathead screw or do I gently bend that 10 o clock tab or what? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I always just take the battery out without unscrewing anything.
Just gently lift it with your fingernail.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Looks like a Ronda movement, try to move the metal bar next to the big screw a bit out of the battery's way, the battery should pop out.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Be carefully not to damage the coil behind the metal bar, it's irreparable and you will need to swap the movement.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Looks like a Ronda movement, try to move the metal bar next to the big screw a bit out of the battery's way, the battery should pop out.
You can do that inserting the tip of a wooden toothpick into the hole on the tab that holds the battery down.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
You can do that inserting the tip of a wooden toothpick into the hole on the tab that holds the battery down.
Exactly, avoid using screw-driver as it could strip easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it says "SWISS EOL R9" and then it says "RONDA" in the middle, and underneath says 5 jewels.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Yeah it says "SWISS EOL R9" and then it says "RONDA" in the middle, and underneath says 5 jewels.
I see, you have the high-grade Ronda movement, fully jewelled with battery life indicator (EOL).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see, you have the high-grade Ronda movement, fully jewelled with battery life indicator (EOL).

They're Oakley watches. USA design but swiss made movement. Called the gearbox and I have two of them. The battery is supposed to have 60 month (5 yr) endurance. Thanks for everyones help! I'll try to move that one tab with a needle or toothpick when the time comes!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
You can extend the battery life further by pulling the crown out when you don't wear the watch, that movement has power saving feature too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can extend the battery life further by pulling the crown out when you don't wear the watch, that movement has power saving feature too.
yeah I'm only wearing the carbon fiber one for now so I pulled the crown to the "off" position for the white one (you can see in the pic the crown is longer due to being pulled out)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts