WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some pretty big wrists (7 3/4) and am wondering what the squares look like. In particular the new blackout version...any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Would not say big and pics dont show exact, they look bigger close up. Mine are 7.5"
5600 which are a small square
RbpLL6xl.jpg
TZQj2Ull.jpg
69yM7oLl.jpg
The king! the 56 square, the largest
pBssNryl.jpg

I think the 5600/5610 look a little on small side, but i am use to large G's. The 56 is in more proportion, so if your a little conscious of the square looking small, the 56 maybe better suited.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ive got some pretty big wrists (7 3/4) and am wondering what the squares look like. In particular the new blackout version...any thoughts?
All squares aren't created equal. There's different sizes and I think the material makes a big difference as to how it looks on wrist. That said you'll probably be well suited to something like an all metal GMWB5000

49.3mm lug to lug 43.2mm diameter (13mm thick) Should be fine on your wrist.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I have 19 cm (7.5 inches) wrist.

Casio Family A 02.jpg

5600s feel too small for me.
Kings were ok, maybe tad too big. I found them too heavy for MTB.

GD-100s are perfect size for me.

GD100 10.jpg

Tomorrow I will try new DW-291 (nonG Casio square).

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Would not say big and pics dont show exact, they look bigger close up. Mine are 7.5"
5600 which are a small square
View attachment 14841089
View attachment 14841093
View attachment 14841097
The king! the 56 square, the largest
View attachment 14841105

I think the 5600/5610 look a little on small side, but i am use to large G's. The 56 is in more proportion, so if your a little conscious of the square looking small, the 56 maybe better suited.
You see, that's where I differ: I think the 5600 fits you absolutely perfect; whereas the King is too big, imo.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
when i had a 5600 with a 7.25" wrist...i always found the 5600 too small...but found the gx56 king way too big.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
depends how you look at it - will your wrist making the watch look small or will the watch make your wrist look fat?
lol
its a small watch even for my small wrist but i prefer larger watches. some ppl like smaller, some ppl like larger, it really depends on your personal taste.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Based on pics alone my initial reaction is too big, too big, perfect. That said I might subjectively favor squares - the 5600 and GMWB5000 fit my flat 7.5 wrist perfectly.
Keep in mind that the way a lot of us are taking these wrist shots in close-up fashion would exaggerate the size of the watch. If we would put the camera 3 to 4 feet away, then take a shot of our whole forearm with the watch, it would give a better size perspective.

But of course to setup such shot requires more work, plus some may be shy to show that much. ;-) That's why we don't see such shot as often in WRUW threads. Most just take the shot with ease using the other hand and in close-up to show maximum watch details.

Anyway, the 5600 square looks just fine in most wrists. Unless you have wrists 8 inches or wider, then the short strap will become an issue.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Keep in mind that the way a lot of us are taking these wrist shots in close-up fashion would exaggerate the size of the watch. If we would put the camera 3 to 4 feet away, then take a shot of our whole forearm with the watch, it would give a better size perspective.

But of course to setup such shot requires more work, plus some may be shy to show that much. ;-) That's why we don't see such shot as often in WRUW threads. Most just take the shot with ease using the other hand and in close-up to show maximum watch details.

Anyway, the 5600 square looks just fine in most wrists. Unless you have wrists 8 inches or wider, then the short strap will become an issue.
Like this?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

Totally agree with this, especially with the quite extreme wide angle lenses of modern phone cameras (when compared to what your exes see naturally) distorting the perspective significantly.

Also depends on the shape of your wrist, more than the circumference.

I always feel the best way to judge size is to take a picture in a mirror (so your wrist isn't twisted towards you) or what you might call a pocket shot taken by someone else |>

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
You see, that's where I differ: I think the 5600 fits you absolutely perfect; whereas the King is too big, imo.
Its a tough one with pics, most of mine are close up, but if i took a slight distance/body pic it would not look big(if makes sense lol)
I will attempt to show with a couple of pics of the 56
Too big
gTraFSrl.jpg
OK (imo )
ozVF8HJl.jpg

Frogy
Too big?
ogPwdTZl.jpg

OK?
bireJgTl.jpg

The 5600 feels and looks small, but i admit it is because i am use to the larger G's. But in general i do agree, the 5600 is in proportion. :)

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts

Perfectly said, i agree, the pics do make the(already on the large side) G's look huge!

The 5600 straps are too small for my wrist, there is hardly anything left to tuck in the keeper.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts