WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
The bigger the watch, the smaller it will make a person's wrist look. It's called the "poncy effect"

It reminds me of a little boy trying on Daddy's watch. I for one am thankful that the oversized watch craze/trend has died out

i think it still lives depending on each person's taste... i still go for large watches although i got almost 8inch wrist... i like to be reminded i got a watch on my wrist from the size and weight

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
and thats the thing, the key words are "to your liking". body size and wrist shape doesnt or more so, -shouldnt- stand in the way of what you like, even tho ppl let it happen all the time.
That's because I wear and love my 5 Kings of G-shocks. All hail the King!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Although it isn't a G, the only square that calls to me atm is the DW-291. Bigger than the 5600, but smaller than the GX King. Not too sure about the large, sticky out button shrouds, but i will look at one in the flesh sometime.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
To say oversized watches have died out is just plain wrong. We're in the G Shock section ffs.
Plenty of normal sized G-Shocks, FFS... Take for example, the Squares, which happens to be the most iconic of G-Shocks. And the top selling, historically.

Anyways, I happen to own some larger G-Shocks and do appreciate them. The large watch craze that I was referring to was more in line with the "Arnold" and "Stallone" watches, The 50+" Diesel watches, The ENORMOUS Invictas that people were wearing at one time. I for one am glad that it is not the mainstream must-have fashion statement that it was a few years back.
Furthermore, I will point out that the larger G-shocks get a pass in that regard, because at least they have actual purpose and function that goes along with their bigger size. For example, the Frogman, the Rangeman, the Mudmaster, the aviator series. The bigger G-Shocks need to be that size in order to accommodate the components they have for said added functions.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts