WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I recently got a new strap for my G-Shock DW6900 and I ahve no idea how to change it.

How do you get the spring bar out?

In need instructions or somewhere that tells you how to do it...

Please Help!!:-s

Thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :-!

Just depress the springbar at one end and it should slide / pop out. Be prepared for it flying across the room, never to be seen again...

Springbar tools are easily available from the internet, but a small-bladed screwdriver will work just as well.

·
7,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Just depress the springbar at one end and it should slide / pop out. Be prepared for it flying across the room, never to be seen again...

Springbar tools are easily available from the internet, but a small-bladed screwdriver will work just as well.
He's not kidding lol :-d When I was trying it for the first time on my Ocean Grey projext, that sucker flew....just do your best to block it with your hand.

I used a tiny screwdriver....took a few goes to get it, but you can do it....good luck :-!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand having to push out the spring bar, but on the DW6900, the hole that you (I expect) have to push the spring abr out of is facing into the watch rather than parrallel to the spring bar end.

Should I push through here with a pin??

Thanks for your help so far!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
BAM !!!

1.Lever located inside watchstrap.
2.Insert tip of spring bar tool between slots on lever.
3.Release strap by pushing lever in towards strap, then release. Be careful not to lose the pin.
4.Replace strap by inserting one end of lever into hole. Using tool to hold the lever, press lever into opposite hole.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I understand having to push out the spring bar, but on the DW6900, the hole that you (I expect) have to push the spring abr out of is facing into the watch rather than parrallel to the spring bar end.

Should I push through here with a pin??

Thanks for your help so far!
Huh? The springbars span the width of the lugs. The bars are parallel to the readout of the watch (if that makes sense :think:).

You compress one end of the springbar, and twist the band to pop it out. At this point, the band should just 'fall' out. The DW6900 does not have drilled lugs, so there are no places you can push thru with a pin to compress the springbar.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I don't know about you all, but I've been doing this for many years. I've got 3 springbar tools, and an assortment of small screwdrivers......but when I did my
6900 camo switch to the stealth mod.......the 6900 springbars were the toughest I've ever dealt with.
Enough so that I said I'd never change the straps again!!!!! Don't know if I was just having a particularly bad day or not......but I spent literally 30 minutes getting the straps off and back on.
Regards sonny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rungs on the pin don't seem to be budging, i've tried pushing them in towards the strap as the diagram and previous people have said, they haven't moved and the strap hasn't come off....

Still in need of assistance....

Anyone changed the strap on their DW6900??

Im closer, but not quite there yet...:think:

Thanks

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
keep pushing the spring bar. i dont own a 6900 but would it help if u remove the bezel first or do u need to remove the band first to remove bezel?

according to Sonny, its the toughest SOB hes ever dealt with. so keep on trying. good luck !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, now i've got it so i can move the rung on the spring bar, but, its not falling out and as you can imagine its close to impossible to hold it in place and push it...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
tilt watch 90 degree angle, spring bar now pointing to ceiling. insert spring bar removal horizontally and push down. now sure it will work but if it is, please be careful of the spring bar. it might end up in ur back of ur eye ball.

not sure my method it will work. im just visualizing it in my head.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure it doesn't fly out and take out an eye, or worst still, fly across the room and loose it forever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mission Complete Team!!

Thanks alot for your help, the strap has been removed and i've kept my eyes!!

Should be straightforward from here (famous last words). Next step is putting the new strap on....

Thanks again for all the help!!:-!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Should be straightforward from here (famous last words). Next step is putting the new strap on....
If you had trouble getting the thing off, just wait till you have to put the thing back on again. Not a pretty sight. Go slowly and have patience. If you don't you're liable to loose the spring bar, scratch the watch, or stab yourself with the spring bar tool.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well done! Like everything in life it gets easier with practice :-d

1 - 20 of 32 Posts