WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what else to call it, so I'll stick with resin fog. I recently got an early DW-6100 & the inside of the crystal has "resin fog" from what I can only guess is from age & off-gassing of the watch. I was able to get at some of the crystal with a Q-Tip but there are places I just cant quite reach between the plastic insert & the crystal. I really don't want to try alcohol for fear of lifting any of the original paint. Has any one been able to find a way to clean up this residue?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a couple of quick shots (looks a lot worse in the sunlight on macro setting) - you can see the resin fog, especially on the plastic insert. Not really sure how to remove the insert without breaking something:

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I used a cotton ball: pulled out a strip, and with something pointy and thin, "mashed" the cotton between the crystal and the insert and pulled it around. It cleaned up pretty well, both the inside of the crystal and the plastic display.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I'm not sure what else to call it, so I'll stick with resin fog. I recently got an early DW-6100 & the inside of the crystal has "resin fog" from what I can only guess is from age & off-gassing of the watch. I was able to get at some of the crystal with a Q-Tip but there are places I just cant quite reach between the plastic insert & the crystal. I really don't want to try alcohol for fear of lifting any of the original paint. Has any one been able to find a way to clean up this residue?

It is possible to get rid of these deposits. See this thread.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/new-arrival-rare-world-cup-model-747326.html

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts