WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a search but couldn't find any other topics. Sorry if this is a Bill Murray thread (Groundhog day :))

I am wondering what is the best way to clean the watch on the outside, as in, strap, clasp, bezel and face?

:thanks

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sorry if this is a Bill Murray thread (Groundhog day :))
Hey, I just finished watching Groundhog day on TV 16 minutes ago! :-s

For cleaning the face, I rub the face on my shirt, short or pants.

I try to use the corner of a tissue or cotton bud to clean between the lugs, without removing the strap. A fruitless exercise, really.

If I am perspiring, I take off the watch and wipe the perspiration off the bottom and strap with a tissue.

Happy NEW YEAR! :-!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have found the best thing to use for a good cleaning is very mild soap and a tooth brush. I also rinse my watches frequently with just water and a little scrub with a tooth brush.

S

·
0 Posts
Here´s my answer:

Crystal and bezel: Selvyt, Crystal Clear

Case, stainless steel braclet: Ultrasonic cleaner, bought one for my glasses, I just add a special cleaner (ELMA superclean)

Leather strap: "Clean Care" or/and beeswax old no. 7

You may also browse: www.watchpolishing.com

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with seller but a satisfied customer esp. the beewax Old no. 7 is great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shame that watch polishing website isn't in the UK because I'd probably get spending on it. Looks promising though!

;-)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I just take a toothbrush to it when I'm in the shower. I give the strap/bacelet a good scrubbing too. I finish it by giving the watch a good rinse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts