WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dinner and a movie?

No really, I know the serial numbering system of Seiko, but I'm not sure if Casio follows the same sort of pattern. I particularly want to date my Frogman. In a manly sort of way mind you.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
You could start by saying you like its curves and knobs. That could press a few buttons. :-d

Actually, I have no idea. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've heard that if you touch their G just right, some of 'em light up........

I checked the USA site, I couldn't seem to find any sort of ID tool.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Touch the "G" huh? Is that the spot?

Wish my wife had a big "G" button.

On the Frogman I just received, the serial number is 537095. Seeing as how this was a limited edition in 2005, and using the same system of deciphering as with the Seiko, that would put the date of my watch as March 2005.

Anybody else have the Triple Crown version? What is your serial number.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
904 Posts
Strange... but on mr-g it says 211B332F

Does anybody know what it might stand for?

I'm curious do you have a 7100? Mine is 73 productions away from yours: 211B259F:-d

My guess is Nov 2002 332/??? for yours and Nov 2002 259/??? for mine. Not sure how many they made but it can only be from 001-999 and F being the batch #??? Just a guess.

Here's my BD Frog's Serial #:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Touch the "G" huh? Is that the spot?

Wish my wife had a big "G" button.

On the Frogman I just received, the serial number is 537095. Seeing as how this was a limited edition in 2005, and using the same system of deciphering as with the Seiko, that would put the date of my watch as March 2005.

Anybody else have the Triple Crown version? What is your serial number.

Thanks,
Tom
My Triple Crown is #560037

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like most have six digits.

Seiko's also have six. Most of you probably know, but just in case. The first number is the year. You need to know watch styles to be savvy as to what decade it was manufactured. The second is the month. October however, is an "O", November is an "N" and December is a "D". The rest are sequential numbers indicating the order of production for that model.

It makes sense that Casio is possibly using the same system. Except for the one example allanvalle showed with eight digits and a couple letters thrown in. His is either, I'm guessing, a January 2002, or a November, with Casio using 11 instead of an "N".

Wonder if anyone from Casio would care to participate. It took years, but, someone from Citizen finally began participating in the Seiko and Citizen Watch Forum. Seiko has never shown interest. Seeing as how I no longer have any of those, I don't care.

Tom

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm curious do you have a 7100? Mine is 73 productions away from yours: 211B259F:-d

My guess is Nov 2002 332/??? for yours and Nov 2002 259/??? for mine. Not sure how many they made but it can only be from 001-999 and F being the batch #??? Just a guess.

Here's my BD Frog's Serial #:
Yup, you're right. It's 7100!:)
I thought of that at the beginning but then I learned 7100 weren't released until 2006! I wonder what would be on 7500 or 8000???:think:

I've got a froggie too, here's mine:
541159. Bought in 1995 summer. Must be April 95 serial no. 1159.
This one's got lots of memories...

changed bezel & strap for 3 times.
I'm thinking about bringing it back again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey guys, I found some strange thing about mr-g serial numbers.

At first I was watching someone else's mr-g picture... (god, some people really know the way of photography isn't it?)

Then I noticed his serial number is exactly the same as mine! 211B332F!
And that's not the end of the story. Here's another one!

However I should also point out these are not just ordinary 7100s. CASIO produced 100 limited edition 7100 for Taiwanese market with additional carving from TW001 to TW100.(See pic below) These were sold for less than $800 but have everything an ordinary 7100 would have. Mine does not belong to one of these but still gets the same serial no. hummm...:think:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Then I noticed his serial umber is the exactly same as mine! 211B332F!
And that's not the end of the story. Here's another one!
I've seen this before. If I remember correctly the first wave of GW-9000s and GW-9100s all had the same "serial number".

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I seem to remember that these aren't seriel numbers, but batch or reference numbers. It's something I half remember from an earlier thread, by Sjors I think. I may be totally wrong though. :think:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
At first I was convinced that my solar powered gulfman does not have a serial number but than , almost by accident I angeled it right... it starts with 202A... MAN that serial engraved at titanum case is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to see...

Still 202 can't stand for 2002 since solar gulfman did not exist at that time...

I was half hoping that it's the same case as in Seiko / Citizen case where first digit is year and second and third digit is a month of manufacture...

No such logic here I'm afraid folks...

P.S.

This feels like trying to make sense of Casio model numbering scheme... also something that does not make sense at all...

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Get yourself a G-Shock Bible. It's what all we crazy people use to find new watches we want to buy.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hey TopQuark thanks for the pics and revelation about the 7100. Very interesting that Taiwan got serial numbers engraved on their 7100. So it looks to be that there are no official serial numbers on all other 7100s. But the 7500 and 8000 both have serial numbers.

Here' some closeups:

7100 nada

7500 looks to be March '07 640/1000

and 8000 This makes sense Nov '07 5/500:-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts