WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm very interested in 24h watches. I'm just a bit disappointed because most of them have a "24 at top" display. I finally discovered this watch :

The cosmonavigator. I ordered it a few days ago and I hope I will receive it tomorrow.

According to me, the "12 at top" display is a bit more "natural" as I consider the hour hand "follows" the sun. It's rising in the morning and lowering in the afternoon...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi Max!

I agree totally about the "12-on-top" configuration. In my collection, I have 3 (Sinn 903ST 24h, Glycine Airman Vintage V, and Ollech and Wajs Moon Orbiter), and there are quite a few more out there. Breitling has just released their first one ever as a limited edition Chrono-Matic (Lou???), RLT watches makes a very affordable quartz (customizable, too!), as well as the AAA watch club.

It just makes more sense to me, like you say, to have "High Noon" at the top of the dial, and the "Deepest night" at the bottom.

I saw that Cosmonavigator, and I would be VERY keen to hear your impressions and see some pics when it shows up!

Enjoy!

-Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would like to understand why manufacturers have chosen to make "24 at top" display. Is it just because it looked natural to them to have the "0" position at top or is there some technical reason (what would make me very surprised).
Breitling makes its Cosmonaute both ways :

I will post pictures and impressions about the Cosmonavigator as soon as I receive it. May be today... Hope so....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I like the 12 at the top...however, a case could be made for the naturalness of 24 at the top. Start of the new day (12AM) at the top. Mid day (12PM) at the bottom. :-s

regards, Dave

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well, i wouldnt have it any other way, 24 on top, then i got this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts