WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, how are you?

I'm new on the G world and my question is so simple. I'm planing to build a small collection of G's (around 6 more or less)

Now i have a DW9050, a G5600 and a GX56.

I think in a pelicase type from aliexpress, like the one in the photo . But i'm not sure about what dimensions i have to pick. I see one of 280x240x130. Do you think is a good dimension? How many G do you think i can store in this case? I think 6 sure, but maybe 9?

Best, and thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
dont tell anyone: i put each in a plastic bag. they lay on the floor beside my table. away from sun and heat. thats ok.

if i would be more ambitious in this: building something out of wood, hanging at the wall.

·
Registered
563 Posts
btw, I am extremely against any traditional watch case/cabinet

1/ you cannot avoid getting quite a few solar, cases like pelican are not beneficial since there is no glass for sunlight

2/ gshock is meant to be tough, or at least to be with you handling all the life challenges. It is kindda funny to see people babying their Gshocks to the extreme. Life is gonna be over before you know it, so what's up with that? or Gshock as heirloom to their children?

3/ get this with a lid, if you think you are discipline enough to have 6 G: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/samla-box-transparent-30102974/

lolz

·
Registered
369 Posts

1/ you cannot avoid getting quite a few solar, cases like pelican are not beneficial since there is no glass for sunlight

2/ gshock is meant to be tough, or at least to be with you handling all the life challenges. It is kindda funny to see people babying their Gshocks to the extreme. Life is gonna be over before you know it, so what's up with that? or Gshock as heirloom to their children?

3/ get this with a lid, if you think you are discipline enough to have 6 G: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/samla-box-transparent-30102974/

lolz
1) I just open the pelican case and put it in my patio for an hour or two...then take them back inside. Plus the pelican matches the g shock I. Terms of being built like a tank.

2) not really...the average human lives 8 decades so there’s a lot to live for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
My gw50001jf stays with me at all times. At night, it goes on the nightstand. My wife got me a cool wooden stand that holds my phone, glasses, watch, and ring on it. My other g shocks go in the watch box along with my extra zippo's, for backup.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
At home in a traditional watch case with a glass lid to feed the solars. It has 6 spaces and the idea was to never have more watches than that... well, now I have 8. Will sell some in the coming months, because yeah, its too much.

When travelling I just throw Gs in the bag. Same with gym bag. They can take it.

Reactions: Victorv and Dxnnis

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On my wrist, or throw it in a drawer.
dont tell anyone: i put each in a plastic bag. they lay on the floor beside my table. away from sun and heat. thats ok.

if i would be more ambitious in this: building something out of wood, hanging at the wall.

I use a pelican 1170 case as I only have 5 watches. I have the tip area for spares and basic tools.

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

every regular member in F17 said something similar to that and look how many they end up with

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO
if you are single, and have enough space, get something like this

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-white-80269122/

if you are married ... well better not stay around this forum

lolz
1) I just open the pelican case and put it in my patio for an hour or two...then take them back inside. Plus the pelican matches the g shock I. Terms of being built like a tank.

2) not really...the average human lives 8 decades so there’s a lot to live for.

I use these from Home Depot for both my G-Shocks and my Dive watches.

View attachment 15220397
My gw50001jf stays with me at all times. At night, it goes on the nightstand. My wife got me a cool wooden stand that holds my phone, glasses, watch, and ring on it. My other g shocks go in the watch box along with my extra zippo's, for backup.
At home in a traditional watch case with a glass lid to feed the solars. It has 6 spaces and the idea was to never have more watches than that... well, now I have 8. Will sell some in the coming months, because yeah, its too much.

When travelling I just throw Gs in the bag. Same with gym bag. They can take it.
Hello guys, so glad i found this amount of replies in a little time. You're great

About the possibilities, i think is a good to throw all in a plastic bag because they are safe and if they need solar power, they can charge by itself without any problem. But i prefer to see all my G's organized on a box.

About the Ikea showcase, i live with my girl and i know she is not going to like to see my watches all time on this huge showcase.

That's why i opted for a pelican case type, i can think on a normal watchcase with a crystal to charge the solars, but i prefer the rude of the pelican, and take out the case for charge the solars a couple of hours.

Do you know how many watches (more or less) can i store on a 280x240x230 case? I like the Dr Driggy98 case

Bests and many thanks for all

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Basically everywhere. My coffee table has the most currently.
20200617_234802_1592405355884.jpg

Reactions: Zednut and Dxnnis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everybody,

well I guess, that's the moment I should introduce my "Watch Storage Grid XL with Solar Clamp" to you. ;-)

I wanted "something" in which the watches can be exposed to light, but which is "ventilated" but still somewhat dust-protected and where I can take them all "in the light" or "outdoors" in one go ...

This is what came out of it:

DSC06123.JPG

DSC06124.JPG

DSC06126.JPG

DSC06129.JPG

Material: birch plywood 12mm.
Cover: acrylic glass (there was a 3mm leftover i had, my recommendation would be: chose it a little thicker ...).
Hinge from normal lock screws.
Design: my imagination.
Capacity: 8 x 5 = 40 watches.

DSC06131.JPG

The trick is: the front knobs fit exactly on the windowsill under the frame of the closed window. I did this with a slight negative angle, so that the grate jams automatically and stays in place even under load.

;-)

DSC06132.JPG

DSC06133.JPG

If “light” is required, the “solar booster” is used: cardboard covered with aluminum foil. Small cardboard strut and placed at about a 60-degree angle increases the light output ... b-)

DSC06135.JPG

DSC06138.JPG

For the sake of interest, here are the two relevant dimensions that I chose so that the G-Shocks also have enough space (strap length can hang freely) and the smaller watches do not slip through (width of the columns). Yes, this is cm, not inch. Of course, you could also provide different "gap widths" while building your own stand ...

DSC06143.JPG

DSC06144.JPG

Best regards from Germany

Stefan

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello everybody,

well I guess, that's the moment I should introduce my "Watch Storage Grid XL with Solar Clamp" to you. ;-)

I wanted "something" in which the watches can be exposed to light, but which is "ventilated" but still somewhat dust-protected and where I can take them all "in the light" or "outdoors" in one go ...

View attachment 15221737

View attachment 15221739

View attachment 15221743

View attachment 15221745

Cover: acrylic glass (there was a 3mm leftover i had, my recommendation would be: chose it a little thicker ...).

View attachment 15221749

The trick is: the front knobs fit exactly on the windowsill under the frame of the closed window. I did this with a slight negative angle, so that the grate jams automatically and stays in place even under load.

;-)

View attachment 15221751

View attachment 15221753

If “light” is required, the “solar booster” is used: cardboard covered with aluminum foil. Small cardboard strut and placed at about a 60-degree angle increases the light output ... b-)

View attachment 15221759

View attachment 15221763

For the sake of interest, here are the two relevant dimensions that I chose so that the G-Shocks also have enough space (strap length can hang freely) and the smaller watches do not slip through (width of the columns). Yes, this is cm, not inch. Of course, you could also provide different "gap widths" while building your own stand ...

View attachment 15221769

View attachment 15221771

Stefan
That is outstanding! Good work there!

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is my current set up, and very much in need of some reorganization right now.
Harbor freight tools sells this "mechanics tool chest" for under $100 and it has 2 small drawers with perfect inserts for traditional leather and rolled up NATO straps, loads of space up top for watches of any size, other drawers for organizing other things (mod parts if you're into that) and tools.
I'm working on some pipe insulation pillows so that they all match as well as some dividers. I don't have it set up for solars right now, but it sits next to a north-facing window so I just throw the solars there for a few weeks at a time to keep them charged up.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hello everybody,

View attachment 15221737

View attachment 15221739

View attachment 15221743

View attachment 15221745

View attachment 15221749

;-)

View attachment 15221751

View attachment 15221753

View attachment 15221759

View attachment 15221763

View attachment 15221769

View attachment 15221771

Stefan
That is impressive, not a better way to show you're live for this whatchs then making something like this, week done sir

1 - 20 of 42 Posts