WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
very creative, Mr. docbrauni, the idea of creating a gap to keep the Gshocks is a first

very very impressive

if you ever build a space shuttle, I will be your first passenger

lolz

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've been browsing for a new case since my collection has grown (gasp!). Undecided if I want to larger case to hold everything, or just get a second case (seems like the better idea the more I think about it). I wouldn't get a glass top case just because I'd be afraid to break it, but I see how some might want it for easy solar charging.

I have this case with 8 slots, I'm very happy with it, it's smooth surface is prone to scratches but also a giant plus if you like putting stickers on things :-d

watch case.jpg

50041586997_eeb8b9e89a.jpg

Ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=watchpartusa&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcase.TRS1&_nkw=case&_sacat=0

This one seems like a great deal and the reviews are very postive. Not the most rugged because it's closure is only a snap (magnet, unsure). No handle or big latches which might be a deal breaker depending on your preferences.

https://www.amazon.com/Vlando-organizadora-ranuras-relojes-magn%C3%A9tico/dp/B07HK14X6S/ref=sr_1_54_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=aluminum%2Bwatch%2Bbox&qid=1593018326&sr=8-54-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE0TlZGRlRFN1I2UlYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5ODk5OTAzSEVKNkI3MENPR0M2JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MTA4MzkxVkZZMkdHUkRBM0hVJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYnRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

If you want something durable I came across these, seem a little pricey but maybe worth it:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/case_club_cases?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
A generic glass topped case for me, less than £20 from Ebay.

This is my second now, and was a replacement for the one I had with 12 sections. This holds 24, and when I got it a couple of months ago there were at least 6 - 8 empty sections, now I can't fit all of my watches in:-d

·
Registered
662 Posts
I cant have my g's apart from eachother. Ocd

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk
Understandable, I went back and forth on the idea myself. Problem with buying a bigger box is: what happens when it fills? I think it's somehow more safe (lol) to keep needing small boxes then buy a 18/24 slot case... also this way I can pretend the collection hasn't got out of hand (by hiding half the collection as needed).

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Well, they're tough and don't need a watch box to protect them.

So, pretty much everywhere. Solars are near a window, a Step Tracker in the car (for the gym), and some are on top of my watch boxes protecting the fragile automatics from harm ;-)

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
On my dresser with a dedicated light, of course.
I use the tops of the tins turned upside down and then the foam, so I get more eye candy.
Unfortunately, my clear G-Shocks (only got 2 of those) stay in their tins, as I'm concerned with UV light yellowing them out.

Edit: This pic is going to look familiar if you go to the other thread about the entire collections

"boys support boys"

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
nothing fancy... just a plastic box so the solar G's get their fair share of light every day.

why not in a proper watch case with a window? simply cos i havent found out that could fit them properly.
either the cushions are too big / stiff, or the compartments are too narrow.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Got the same charging light

"boys support boys"
It does the trick babyivan, certainly helps out in the dark corner to top off. I have been making use of some of the rare sun shine in the UK, over the last few months. I was quite surprised how hot they can actually get on a window sill(not in a good way).

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It does the trick babyivan, certainly helps out in the dark corner to top off. I have been making use of some of the rare sun shine in the UK, over the last few months. I was quite surprised how hot they can actually get on a window sill(not in a good way).
Yeah, not a fan of how much hot they get on my window. But they do charge really fast the traditional way as compared to that light. I use the light to do top offs overnight, on occasion.

The Bluetooth squares don't stay on full charge very long .
I know it doesn't mean much if they are not on 100%, but I just hate seeing that battery bar with missing green.

"boys support boys"

·
Registered
542 Posts
Some great set ups :cool:
My Gs are stored in my grab n go casio corner
(images snipped for size)

Peli cases are for drones!:p
And you've stored them next to your collection of lightsabers.

Overhere it's just a small pile of G's on a nightstand.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts