WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly thread to start since G-Shocks seem to be much less susceptible to crystal scratching due to the fact that the glass is recessed below the bezel, but who out there wears their G-shock (or any watch for that matter) with the dial on the inside of their wrist?

I did some searching in the forums but didn't have much luck finding this topic so I thought I would ask.

Also, if you wear the dial on the inside--why? Is it personal preference or do you feel it reduces scratches and whacks on many a door frame?

This has always been a curious topic for me. Maybe I should start a poll?

Cheers,
--Paulie

P.S. I wear all my watches (G or not with the dial up)

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
I wear with the dial on the top of my wrist. I am a watch fan, and sometimes like to observe what others are wearing and rarely notice G's being worn with the dial on the inside. I have seen other watches being worn with the dial on the inside, but not a lot of G's.

·
Registered
471 Posts
As rough as the clasp on my daily wearer (Planet Ocean) looks, I can't imagine wearing the "head" of the watch on the underside of my wrist. The Quality Manager for one of our bigger customers, though, wears a Sub no-date this way...as well as having about 2-3 extra links in the bracelet. It makes me a little sick to see such a nice watch being worn with such disdain.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Always right-side up. I can't imagine ever wanting to increase the risk of damage by wearing a watch face down and I find it a bit disturbing when I see others doing it. But, hey, it's their watch.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Face up..but I do change wrist so to even out the tan lines :-!

·
Registered
186 Posts
something not mentioned is why do people wear their watches so low (far down) on their wrists? I never can understand it when I see it, how do you even bend your wrist back without the watch digging into your hand? Doesnt seem very functional

·
Registered
181 Posts
Left wrist sunny-side-up! :-! Don't feel comfortable any other way around and can't seem to wear any watch on my right wrist.. I wonder how many people switch between their left and right wrists.. :think:

Reagards

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wore my watch face down for a while thinking it would protect the watch. I thought it would protect the faceplate (because at the time I usually smashed the faceplate out on watches within a month or so).

Actually, what destroyed that watch was from wearing it face up; I got it caught in a door and ripped the wristband off. There is clearly no way to repair it because the straps were held in by a puny metal "pin". The holes that hold the pin in, located in the plastic of the "main part of the watch", were destroyed so there is no fixing that. This was a GW-300 by the way. The next one I got, a GW-700a, has a different way of connecting the band to the watch and is a lot sturdier (but I zapped that one with a lot of static electricity and it has had troubles ever since - looking for replacement now).

But yeah I just wear it face up now, because I just sit around inside all day.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
This topic has come up in the past, I think:

In any event, for me it is right wrist (I'm left-handed) and face up.

When I'm playing guitar, I switch the watch to my left wrist.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Heads-up.

I type a LOT daily beeing in IT and wearing it face down drives me bananas.

·
7,405 Posts
I don't see many people face down much anymore. Me? I've always been face up on the right wrist (I'm lefty) and wear it loose enough to move a bit for less restriction, but tight enough where it dosen't slide around to be face down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
something not mentioned is why do people wear their watches so low (far down) on their wrists? I never can understand it when I see it, how do you even bend your wrist back without the watch digging into your hand? Doesnt seem very functional
This!

·
Registered
717 Posts
That seems a bit odd to me, too, though I have to say that my wrist size varies a lot during the day. Sometimes I'll put a watch on in the morning and I'll swear that someone has snuck an extra link in during the night because of how far it flops down over my hand. An hour later, it'll be tight. And then it'll be loose again later.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts