WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

A few months back I tried out a 5600e, but the thing was one of those too tight or too loose fits. I learned on here that the gwm models were a few mm's shorter lug-to-lug than the 5600e, so I ordered a gwm5610. The 5610 fits perfectly.

Now, however, I'm jonesing for a screwback. I don't know if I can spend the $$$ on a gw5000, though that would be my ideal case. I'm also looking at the dw5030c.

The question is, how do these wear compared to the resin cased 5600e and 5610? If they fit similarly to the 5610, then I'm good to go on getting one. If they fit like the 5600e, well, then I've just been saved some money. Especially since a screwback will be heavier, it is important to me that if fits pretty well.

Thanks for any advice or feedback you can give!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I wear my modern screwbacks and DW-5600E both on the seventh hole in the band. I don't see any noticeable difference in how they fit.

There is also the option of putting one on a composite bracelet, or even a Zulu strap with adaptors.

GW-5000 on bracelet:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
My experience is that the dw5600e and the dw5030c fit the same. The 5610 fits differently. I find the 5610 uncomfortable but the others fit good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, thanks guys. You've confirmed what I was afraid of. Oh well, saves me some $$$.

I really like the screwbacks. I like my 5610, too, but it just seems, I don't know, disposable, I suppose.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Ahh, thanks guys. You've confirmed what I was afraid of. Oh well, saves me some $$$.

I really like the screwbacks. I like my 5610, too, but it just seems, I don't know, disposable, I suppose.
You could always just enlarge the hole that fits too tightly. I've done so with a rotary hole punch from Walmart. Works beautifully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
On my wrist a screwback fits much better than a standard DW-5600E. Especially considering wearing comfort. And the case is thicker so if you're between holes on a DW-5600E it might well be possible a screwback will fit better.
Edit: just remembered that I never had a DW-5600E with standard strap - only the DW-5600WC which has a slightly different strap.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
While they technically fit the same, the extra weight of the screwback makes it feel different. It stays on the wrist instead of hovering around it. I can't get a comfortable fit with a 5600E, but my 5000s are my favorite to wear.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
While they technically fit the same, the extra weight of the screwback makes it feel different. It stays on the wrist instead of hovering around it. I can't get a comfortable fit with a 5600E, but my 5000s are my favorite to wear.

The GW-5000 has a hidden "suction" feature, which bothers a few owners. The DLC coat, when slightly moist, may make the caseback slightly stick to the skin. I personally don't notice it often, and in fact I don't mind it when I do. It keeps the watch in place, even if this wasn't intended by the designers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts