WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I just have a short question, which is pretty much also the title of this thread ;-)
How does the retainer of the bezel of an Omega 166.024 (the part between the bezel and the case) look like? I mean the part which attaches the bezel with the case - so not the bezel retaining spring of the watch. And do you have any ideas for me, where I could possibly purchase this article?

Thanks very much in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I mean the part which attaches the bezel with the case - so not the bezel retaining spring of the watch.
The part that retains the bezel to the case is the bezel retaining spring, hence the name...

So unless you can describe in more detail what you want, you have your answer.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part that retains the bezel to the case is the bezel retaining spring, hence the name...

So unless you can describe in more detail what you want, you have your answer.

Cheers, Al
Hi Al,
Thank you very much for your answer.
What I probably mean is the metal part of the bezel itself, i.e. the steel bezel ring that the insert sits in.
This part is missing of my SM 300, so I don't know how it looks like or where to get it.

Many thanks for your reply,
Mark

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
The part the insert sits in is simply called the bezel. You can't buy just that though, so you would have to get a complete bezel assembly, which would include the steel bezel, insert, and retaining spring. You could try the various suppliers like Otto Frei and Cousins while they still have parts. Part number is 082ST1660324.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the help!

Does any one has a picture of the case WITHOUT the bezel? And maybe also of the backside of the bezel? Would love to see the mechanism.

Many thanks in advance,
Mark :)

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Thank you very much for the help!

Does any one has a picture of the case WITHOUT the bezel? And maybe also of the backside of the bezel? Would love to see the mechanism.

Many thanks in advance,
Mark :)
Of course...

Just finished this one not long ago - one of the 3 ruby spheres and springs were missing, so I had to remove the bezel to install a new set. As you can see, there is a lip on the case frame that the bezel rides on, and that the bezel retaining spring clips over. If you look at the photos, although I didn't take them to show the back side of the bezel, you can see the retaining spring there sitting in it's groove. The bezel assembly is 3 parts - bezel, retaining spring, and insert.

Cheers, Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts