WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a suitable strap for my dad's old Tudor. I guess lizard or croc would be the traditional choice for a watch of this type? I tried this ostrich and i think it looks ok.

The case was originally gp but has been polished back to ss, but there is still gold colour in the dial & hands and gold chapter ring. I thought the strap colour kinda picks up on that. What do you think, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

+1 as well. The ostrich is elegant and matches the watch well. The only real alternative I would consider would be a dark, lustrous brown horsehide band or dark brown crocodile.

In any case, a very nice complement. Ever consider having the GP redone? I did that recently for a vintage Stowa for my daughter, and while it is not inexpensive, it was done very nicely indeed by my local watchmaker (family business, the father is a goldsmith and did a heavy thickness replating himself). Could be a nice touch...

JohnF

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Couldn't tell that the case was refinished. I see that on a brown or chestnut brown Hadley Roma alligator, crocodile, or lizard strap with a deployment buckle~Cheers! ;-)

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. I had some restoration work done on it recently and decided not to re-plate it mainly because i prefer wearing s/s, and difficult finding someone proficient and reliable to do it.

I do like the ostrich and i just found an OEM buckle on fleabay for it!

What the heck, might start looking for a lizard or croc as well :roll: The drilled lugs make strap changing a breeze.
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts