WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an amazing classic fusion Hublot I wear everyday. I want to ideally have the option between two watches for my everyday wears, and eventually have some exclusive beauties for occasions.
How does this 36mm simple dial look on my 6.5" wrists?
I want to get it in black, but they only had this color, so it is the only picture I have of me wearing this rolex at the moment.

I also want to get it in leather. I will have to customise it from another place as it doesn't come this way from the AD.

What do you guys think?
I am not a big fan of the sport versions of rolex, etc. I like my watches simple.
I have posted a pic of the rolex on my wrist(exactly the one I want, except in black, and a separate pic of the kind of look I want with the leather strap, and a last pic of the current Hublot I purchased recently.
Feel free to suggest other watches if you have any other that come to mind.

Thanks!

IMG_8976.JPG $_57.JPG image.jpg

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
First, the hublot you got is one of the few I like, so congrats. As for that OP, I have a question for you? First how did you like that color in person? I have not seen it in person yet and considered it or the red grape version? also what is your wrist size? That watch looks great on your wrist, if that is your pic.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I don't know much about the pilot culture, but the gold dial doesn't work in some situations I live in (too garish). The black is fine. It can work well as a daily and, in a pinch, can pass for a dress. Heck, that's roughly what I use my Explorer for, daily and the casual dress situations when I feel in the mood. Though I would make sure to get one without rust on the seconds hand.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I don't know much about the pilot culture, but the gold dial doesn't work in some situations I live in (too garish). The black is fine. It can work well as a daily and, in a pinch, can pass for a dress. Heck, that's roughly what I use my Explorer for, daily and the casual dress situations when I feel in the mood. Though I would make sure to get one without rust on the seconds hand.
Garish? I think it looks kinda cool as in 70's cool, like it should have been in the movie Anchorman, lol

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Garish? I think it looks kinda cool as in 70's cool, like it should have been in the movie Anchorman, lol
And Ron Burgundy is the epitome of understated elegance and refinement. ;-)

All joking aside, I do agree with you, as it is not a yellow gold Rolex (which is worse). However, a gold-ish Rolex is usually not considered understated. Remember, he has to wander around the real people, not just weirdos like us. One can act like a nutjob in our little broom closet club at the far end of the school, but eventually we do have to go out and mingle amongst the normal people. :-d

Reactions: Stellite

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, the hublot you got is one of the few I like, so congrats. As for that OP, I have a question for you? First how did you like that color in person? I have not seen it in person yet and considered it or the red grape version? also what is your wrist size? That watch looks great on your wrist, if that is your pic.
Thank you very much. I am in love with it. People seem to really notice and complement it a lot.
Also, I love that rolex color actually. I think it is an acquired taste but it's beautiful. I actually want to get it in black as I stated in the OP, because it would be more suitable for an everyday watch, which is what i'm looking for at the moment. Nevertheless, if I had extra money, I would have loved to get this color, it really is very beautiful.
That is my wrist, and is 6.5".
Would like to ideally get that watch, with a black dial, and throw in a black leather strap on it, would look amazing I think and like stated by the poster above, would work for everyday and also dressy occasions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I had just posted that pic as it was the only pic of me wearing the watch I want, but I do definitely want it in black and not gold.
Also, I will definitely get a better one, that was just to show you the kind of look i'm looking for in the rolex I want to get.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
here is my 70's perpetual both on bracelet and leather [i change the leather depending on mood ] -beautiful watches that wear larger than they are and with great classy look -bit like 911's they look 'cool' in any colour really -although gold would be lowest on my list - black would wear a little smaller on the eye imo, white or most likely it would be a creamy white look good - this one is a stunning blue with gold hands which i love -my wrist is a 7.5 and have no problem with the 34mm size whatsoever -so a 36 should be no problem you won't regret it and will make a perfect alternative wearer to the Hublot - very comfortable watches , classy pieces nn.jpg rolx2.jpg

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I think it looks good, but you could definitely stand to go to a 34mm air king or something, I have a smooth bezel black dial one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is my 70's perpetual both on bracelet and leather [i change the leather depending on mood ] -beautiful watches that wear larger than they are and with great classy look -bit like 911's they look 'cool' in any colour really -although gold would be lowest on my list - black would wear a little smaller on the eye imo, white or most likely it would be a creamy white look good - this one is a stunning blue with gold hands which i love -my wrist is a 7.5 and have no problem with the 34mm size whatsoever -so a 36 should be no problem you won't regret it and will make a perfect alternative wearer to the Hublot - very comfortable watches , classy pieces View attachment 2713049 View attachment 2713057

Looks amazing honestly!
I already have a light color Hublot and honestly wanted something dark. The dark blue looks beautiful.
I was actually thinking about the 34mm but was worried the 36 would be a better size.
I can actually get much better deals on the 34mm, and they are easier to find at least here where I am, but thought the 36 would be a more ideal size generally.
You think the difference is somewhat negligible?
I have a 6.5" wrist btw.

Thanks for the response, and very beautiful watch!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it looks good, but you could definitely stand to go to a 34mm air king or something, I have a smooth bezel black dial one.

That is honestly a stunner.
It's exactly the look I am going for, without the date also in specific.
Like I stated above, I would be able to get a much much better deal on the 34 as there are many pre owned ones in the shops I visited, but was worried the 36mm was a much better fit. I will definitely look closer and re consider.
My wrists are pretty small at 6.5" and I shouldn't have a problem with the 34mm either, just had the idea the 36 mm would look nicer.

I also came across some older ones, in very good condition and recently serviced, that had plastic dial instead of sapphire crystal. Those were much much cheaper, but I suggest people don't usually tend to be interested in those ones? First time I come across them.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Thank you very much. I am in love with it. People seem to really notice and complement it a lot.
Also, I love that rolex color actually. I think it is an acquired taste but it's beautiful. I actually want to get it in black as I stated in the OP, because it would be more suitable for an everyday watch, which is what i'm looking for at the moment. Nevertheless, if I had extra money, I would have loved to get this color, it really is very beautiful.
That is my wrist, and is 6.5".
Would like to ideally get that watch, with a black dial, and throw in a black leather strap on it, would look amazing I think and like stated by the poster above, would work for everyday and also dressy occasions.
The black dial version is a stunner in person. So is the silver dial. I also think the black dial may come with blue markers. I got a black dial version with pink markers for my mom.

Reactions: cadet

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with the Air-King suggestion.
Curious as to why you suggest it?
The oyster perpetual regular ones comes in 34 mm as well.
Is it because I could generally find a better deal on the Air-King?

I get that the 34mm usually costs less than the 36mm, hence may be worth looking into, but Just curious why you would suggest the Air-King over the other 34mm watches(oyster perpetual, date, etc).

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Curious as to why you suggest it?
The oyster perpetual regular ones comes in 34 mm as well.
Is it because I could generally find a better deal on the Air-King?

I get that the 34mm usually costs less than the 36mm, hence may be worth looking into, but Just curious why you would suggest the Air-King over the other 34mm watches(oyster perpetual, date, etc).

The Air King has a cool history to it and at your wrist size would look good as well. I think either works. I would love to have an air king, but my wrist are just to big for it. The 36mm would be the smallest I could go.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Looks amazing honestly!
I already have a light color Hublot and honestly wanted something dark. The dark blue looks beautiful.
I was actually thinking about the 34mm but was worried the 36 would be a better size.
I can actually get much better deals on the 34mm, and they are easier to find at least here where I am, but thought the 36 would be a more ideal size generally.
You think the difference is somewhat negligible?
I have a 6.5" wrist btw.

Thanks for the response, and very beautiful watch!
the difference imo would be negligible -only to a self conscious wearer thats had his head turned to big watches - quite right too -there are many vintage perpetuals out there in a multitude of models -usually without papers if thats a requirement - it isn't to me as long as you are satisfied with the source - an untouched one is of course preferable , if it carries a little dial patina or natural aging ,especially on a cream dial ,sometimes even nicer - the blue with gold markers is as you say amazing and very legible also -the blue can go from light to dark of course -here is another _GJP0038.jpg

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might wanna search for the previous generation Oyster Perpetual, some ADs might still carry them. It's easily identified with the dial having 3, 6 and 9 numerals in place of the double batons.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
How about a Breitling colt?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422198630.507445.jpg

Its also available in black or blue.

Or u can go big and get a Patek nautilus.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422198694.796814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts