WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to TG software, I was able to time my omega 176.0012. I get a beat error of 0.2 on average, amplitude of 240-250°, both lines look very good, not single dots everywhere. I get same readings face up, down or on the sides.

It is running at +30s/d right now so will open it up and regulate a bit. Interestingly enough, I time the watch against an atomic clock online, and it is actually between +5 and +10 a day, far from 30 sec a day. That's pretty good for a 40 year old movement right?

Text Line Oscilloscope Font Technology

pic of the watch, just because!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well, there is definitely a problem with that one. Figure your roller pin takes 20° and that your horns add another 15° ok either side (rough), for a total of 50° (which is nice and close to your lift angle, hint hint) and we can see that 355° isn't possible, unless you're just scoping one side, which would leave us with 355/2=177.5.

So it's either way too high, you're getting a bad reading, or its way too low - but you know that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Timing the watch on the wrist it's within 4 seconds in the past 24 hours. Most the time I get no amplitude readings with tg, most likely because i'm using the built in mic on the macbook, same thing with a 1 year old Hamilton that has a 2824-2 that's acting like a quartz so I'm not too stressed about it. Also, 177° would be easily seen just looking at it right? I'm not seeing anything special, looks to be moving back and forth in good health. Think I should just invest in a good mic probably!

Well, there is definitely a problem with that one. Figure your roller pin takes 20° and that your horns add another 15° ok either side (rough), for a total of 50° (which is nice and close to your lift angle, hint hint) and we can see that 355° isn't possible, unless you're just scoping one side, which would leave us with 355/2=177.5.

So it's either way too high, you're getting a bad reading, or its way too low - but you know that.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Technically all amplitudes are viewable. To find lift angle you use a low wind and approximate 180° then change the lift angle until you get that measurement.

A good contact mic would help, for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts