WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how well does your Nato or Zulu strap fit on your wrist with a kobold? What I mean is, I am a big fan of Nato and Zulu straps, but when I put I had them on the old Rolex Subs I used to own, they made the watch IMHO stand up to much on the wrist. With the Kobold flatter back case and the way the kobold lugs are deigned how is the fit? Cheers!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I wore my chrono on a Zulu most of the time. The longer lugs make Kobold watches perfect for Zulu straps. By comparions, my Kobold wore better on a Zulu than the Submariner on a Nato.

If you like straps, have no worries.

:-!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Kev. I am going to call Mike Kobold and order a Kobold as soon as I get back to Afghanistan! (in Qatar right now for a couple of days then on to Malaysia and Cambodia for a couple of weeks) Cheers.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Kev. I am going to call Mike Kobold and order a Kobold as soon as I get back to Afghanistan! (in Qatar right now for a couple of days then on to Malaysia and Cambodia for a couple of weeks) Cheers.
Congrats!!! Here is a picture on a Zulu for you. . . notice how the longer lugs make it perfect for a Zulu strap.

Be sure to post photos of your new/first Kobold!

Kev.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if it will also be possible for me to get the Phantom with a one peice SS bezel like on the Soarway diver? Both are 41mm? Hmmm have to talk with Kobold on that. Phantom with brushed SS case, bezel, and bracelet and Arabic Numbers and maybe OD Green instead of Red on the hands.

Kind of like the Idea that Kobold, with additional cost, customize for you. Makes a one of a kind watch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Leopardprey...

Just a small point/observation for what it's worth. At least in my experience, if you wear your watch on the inside of your wrist, you can comfortably wear a larger watch than you might otherwise be able to carry off when worn on the top of the wrist as most folks do.

I'm ex-military and have always worn my watch on the inside of my wrist. I wear my SMG-1 that way (currently back in PA for a few adjustments) and while a one-piece band certainly does add to the thickness of the stack, it still rides both well and comfortably for me. Most all my watches ride on zulus that I get from country.comm.

Stay safe and thanks for your service to your country & fellow citizens.:-!

Regards From Colorado,

Tony

·
Registered
751 Posts
I wear my SMG-1 mainly on a 4 Ring ZULU as I did my SEAL TI (tip of the hat to Liz).

While serving 23 years in the military I tended to choose the textile type watch straps or bands.

Yes, they some times got stinky but get another one and toss out the rotten one........ no I don't have to mess with that now but still like the ZULUs and NATOs.

But I like the Phantom on the bracelet as a dressier time-piece.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
I wear my SMG-1 mainly on a 4 Ring ZULU as I did my SEAL TI (tip of the hat to Liz).

While serving 23 years in the military I tended to choose the textile type watch straps or bands.

Yes, they some times got stinky but get another one and toss out the rotten one........ no I don't have to mess with that now but still like the ZULUs and NATOs.

But I like the Phantom on the bracelet as a dressier time-piece.
No need to toss them out - I soak mine in pure Tide dtergent and throw them in the wash. They come out like new. Don't put in dryer....

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Spoke with bill at broadarrow about this just a few weeks ago and he said just throw them in your shorts pocket (so you do'nt lose them) and toss em' in the washing machine and dryer.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I just hit mine with a toothbrush and some soap when I get in the shower. This really cleans them up!

·
Registered
751 Posts
When you're washing in ahelmet and knee deep in crud and no washing machine handy for a month or so....
LOL
you throw them out or get green-stinky-stuff growing in your skin !!

·
Registered
230 Posts
When you're washing in ahelmet and knee deep in crud and no washing machine handy for a month or so....
LOL
you throw them out or get green-stinky-stuff growing in your skin !!
These conditions are why Mike Kobold offers the LEO & military discount! Honestly, you troops -- both current & vets -- deserve all the thanks and support we can offer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts