WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen some pictures of the GD-350 online with tilted (rotated) modules. Should this occur, is it hard to fix?

One of the worst I've seen is the picture of the GD-350-8 on Amazon.

I've had quite a few Casios that I purchased on Amazon (sold by and fulfilled by them) that were obvious returns with defects. I don't believe I've had this happen with Amazon third-party sellers so far.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I purchased my GD350-8 from amazon.com This thread caused me to reexamine my GD350-8. I am happy to report my GD350-8's module is properly aligned. So far, all my watch purchases from amazon.com have been good to go. Thanks for raising the question.

gd350-8 061715.jpg

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased my GD350-8 from amazon.com This thread caused me to reexamine my GD350-8. I am happy to report my GD350-8's module is properly aligned. So far, all my watch purchases from amazon.com have been good to go. Thanks for raising the question.

View attachment 6812098
Yes, yours looks very good. I hope mine looks this good when I buy it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yes, yours looks very good. I hope mine looks this good when I buy it.
If you are not in a rush, keep checking amazon.com as the price for the GD350-8 changes quite often. I was able to score mine for $69.99 & FREE Shipping. If by chance, you do order and receive a bad GD350-8, you have amazon.com FREE Returns. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are not in a rush, keep checking amazon.com as the price for the GD350-8 changes quite often. I was able to score mine for $69.99 & FREE Shipping. If by chance, you do order and receive a bad GD350-8, you have amazon.com FREE Returns. Good luck.
That's a very good price, and a much better price than today ($82 and change). Maybe I'll set up an alert on camelcamelcamel.com.

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
Thee was some threads on this in the past when this model was first released. Some thought the module was crooked. Others thought is it was the actual inner plastic parts where the four makers are that outline the center lcd area Whatever the issue was I think it's been fixed on later production runs. I had a first run 350-8 that was crooked. I sent it back for another reason. When I came around to buying it again, the module was straight, and so was a 350-1B that I bought later.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Can somebody please tell me, is there supposed to be something wrong with the first GD350 picture here? I stared at it for a bit, and I don't see anything wrong.

You want to see an obviously tilled module? Here's mine, see below. The 5600 variants are notorious for tilled modules for some reason, and you can find numerous examples of that in the forum.
gb5600b_misalignLCD02.jpg

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
LOL, Gary, I just saw you up voted my original post about the tilled GB5600B. Guess we're thinking about the same thing at the same time. ;-)

Anyway, there are many ways the GB5600B's similar to the GD350. Both with vibe alarm, both with long duration timer / stopwatch, and both able to set the timer in increment of seconds.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can somebody please tell me, is there supposed to be something wrong with the first GD350 picture here? I stared at it for a bit, and I don't see anything wrong.

You want to see an obviously tilled module? Here's mine, see below. The 5600 variants are notorious for tilled modules for some reason, and you can find numerous examples of that in the forum.
View attachment 6814074
Zoom the first GD-350 picture to full size and it's much easier to see. Look at the minutes/seconds counter area. The center line runs up from left to right. Also look at the bottom of the green area compared to the white markers on the side. To my eye it's tilted just about as much as your 5600.

If I get a GD-350 that's tilted I guess I'll either just return it or try removing the back and rotating the module a bit.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, Gary, I just saw you up voted my original post about the tilled GB5600B. Guess we're thinking about the same thing at the same time. ;-)

Anyway, there are many ways the GB5600B's similar to the GD350. Both with vibe alarm, both with long duration timer / stopwatch, and both able to set the timer in increment of seconds.
Yes, I spotted your original post while looking for threads about tilted modules. I take it that you never tried to nudge yours back into alignment.

To me a tilted module is kind of like a picture hanging crooked on the wall, except that you can't move it back where it belongs so easily. It's something that bothers me, but I realize many people couldn't care less about it.

Another thing that bothers me is obvious dust behind the crystal. My AE-2000 had a big, bright white, round piece of dust almost dead centered on the crystal, which really bugged me. I opened the back, pulled the module out slightly, then used canned air to blast that piece of dust into oblivion. Problem solved. I figured worst case, it's a $25 watch. If I screwed it up, no big deal.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Zoom the first GD-350 picture to full size and it's much easier to see. Look at the minutes/seconds counter area. The center line runs up from left to right. Also look at the bottom of the green area compared to the white markers on the side. To my eye it's tilted just about as much as your 5600.
Ok, now I see it. It's one of those things, you may not notice it, but once you know it, you see it every time! ;-)

And no, I have not fix mine yet, as you asked in your other post.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a DW-D5600P with a tilted module tried to fix it but It didn't work because the case or something was molded that way no matter how hard I pushed or how many times I took it out It would always go in tilted I nearly broke the module trying to straighten it, so sometimes it's not a case of just a little nudge and done....I sold it because it was driving me nuts ...

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
When the GD-350 first came out and there was so much attention being paid to it, a number of people complained about slightly tilted modules. There was some clown named TickTockClock or something similar, who got crazed about minor issues like this and hounded the boards for months until he got banned. Thankfully it doesn't look like anyone has followed his suit.

Because these watches sit in a flexible shock absorbing structure, it is possible for a module to "slip" slightly... even at the factory. But they are easy to fix. Just take off the back cover and nudge the module a little. Sometimes you lift up the module a bit and reseat. That usually takes care of it. Some models are prone to this while others seldom have a problem. The construction of the GD-350 allows for it to happen, but it's not often and you'd have to really whack your watch hard to jostle the module.

Reactions: GaryK30
1 - 13 of 13 Posts