WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new one is around the corner I think it would be interesting to see how the old AW has held up physically. I have worn mine probably 95% of the days since I got it. I don't baby it at all, as you can see the steel polished case shows scratches. It doesn't look as bad when you're wearing it and I'm sure a polish will remedy this considerably. Interesting to see how the ceramic back has held up very well compared to the steel in the back. How did I scratched the back so much? I have no idea, except I'm very careless with it when taking it off haha. I don't see any scratches on the screen not even hairline ones. The reason why I ordered the ceramic was due to the scratching. My mom's AW had the ceramic back come off but apple replaced it out of warranty and within a couple of days. Overall I think it has held up very well. Not even bangs against a door or wall have damaged it, so I am pleased.The pics came out incorrectly oriented but I was to lazy to fix-sorry. IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0425.JPG IMG_0426.JPG View attachment 9358994

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
I wonder if the ceramic case will chip, since it is in likely to be scratched.
Not sure either, but I found this extensive summary (if a summary can ever be called "extensive") of Apple's interest in zirconia ceramics:
https://www.quora.com/What-will-the-iPhone-8-be-made-of

And, no, I don't think it's going to be much different than what Omega (and others) use today.

I'll post pics later of my SS AW. It looks pretty good, so maybe I'll need to get the lighting just right to highlight any surface flaws.

·
7,405 Posts
My Space Black has held up incredibly, and I haven't really babied it. No marks, the finish has been remarkable. Also no marks on the display or ceramic back. The Space Black bracelet has also held up great <knock wood> I thought that would had caused me some problems.

I am still contemplating Generation 2 on the Space Black, I have been doing laps at the pool and like the idea of the tracking, I haven't tempted fate with my original.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a stainless steel version. It's been through its fair share as I wear it all the time when I travel. While it has a few dings, its held up remarkably well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts