WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Fortis GMT and remember it wasn't too too heavy (I have a small wrist). I have a Oris Titan Chrono that's Ti and SS and it is pretty light. I really want the Ti version but wonder if I can make due with the SS version in the meantime.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had the Fortis GMT and remember it wasn't too too heavy (I have a small wrist). I have a Oris Titan Chrono that's Ti and SS and it is pretty light. I really want the Ti version but wonder if I can make due with the SS version in the meantime.

I presume you mean the non-Chrono B-42? I had the B-42 Pilot Pro GMT chrono on the rubber strap, and found it quite a lump - the glass case back and a slightly too large strap mean it slid around a bit on the wrist.

I now have the B-42 Cosmo Chrono LE (Lemania 5100 version) in Ti - on the Ti bracelet and it's very comfortable - despite being a couple of mm bigger (due to the dive bezel) than the GMT chrono. It's very comfortable - still quite big, but not too heavy - to the point that I've just sold my other (Revue Thommen) Ti Lemania 5100 Chrono, which the Fortis has effectively made redundant. I'm really happy with this one...it's well worth waiting for.:)

I've tried the SS version and it weighed a ton - my recommendation would be to wait and get the one you really want.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long did it take for you to source the LE? That is my grail and the last one I saw for sale was 2 years ago. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I approached directly everyone I could find on any forum, who had admitted to one, and asked if they would be interested in selling. I also searched google and eBay repeatedly, as well as all the usual fora. after 6 months of negotiation, and missing three advertised publicly, I found one and bought it.

They aren't easy to find, but I've seen 5 or 6 for sale in the past year.

Good luck with the search

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really want the Ti version but wonder if I can make due with the SS version in the meantime.
Sized for a 18 cm wrist, mine weighs in at 217g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts