WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
30th Dec
I was mad that day, ordered a m310s (8169.310) without approval from my boss(wife), and excited to expect it would arrive on 31th Dec as new year present for myself.

31th Dec
At work, only thing I was doing is refreshing web page of delivery tracking. But there was no update since 2:00 am... That afternoon, entire city was in the biggest traffic jam of year 2009, all I was concerning is whether I could get my m310s before 2010. I called CS (customer service) of express delivery, they did not have any of update for my m310s... Finally I gave it up at 11:59 pm, I told CS I would leave the city and be back on 3rd Jan, ask them to deliver my m310s after 3:00 pm 3rd Jan.

1st Jan
I was counting every second and expecting 3rd Jan.

2nd Jan
CS misuderstood my call, delivered m310 to my place, of course nobody was there, they tried to call me, but my cell phone was turned off. I usually do not turn off my cell phone 7*24, that day, I did not take my charger, so I turn it off to save power......

3rd Jan
I was very happy when I opened my eyes from sleeping, it is 3rd Jan! I could get my m310s today! I drove faster and faster even was over speed limit 30% on the high way back to the city. But nobody came to my place before 4:00 pm, I called CS again, they told me they tried to deliver my m310s and I was not there, I asked them to do it again or give me an address I would come to there to get my m310s, they said they will deliver it again. Then I waited, at 10:00 pm, nobody came or contacted to me, I had to give it up, I called CS to change shipping address to my work and ask them deliver it on 4th Jan

4th Jan
A guy called me said when I would be in my place, they delivered my m310s to my place again! I said I called CS to change shipping address, he said he was not informed, and if I change shipping address, I have to wait 1 more working day. I was driven totally crazy... I complained to CS, they promised that they would deliver it at 6:00 pm. Yes, they did not let me down, I got it!!!

Please excuse my mistake in English.

Here are some pics

click to enlarge picture

steel back

click to enlarge picture

what's the next tragedy, my wrist is too thin to wear it, I would have to modify the strap.

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

Thanks for viewing

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,352 Posts
Wow--that's a beautiful watch, at least as good looking as it appears in publicity photos, maybe even better.

Although 20 ATM might be the minimum for a "true" diver, I sure expect that would be enough resistance for anything I might put a watch through, so: very good--now I have to save for one, because now I really want one. :-!

(PS & friendly comment: you might want to re-size your photos to something smaller...I have a 22" wide screen monitor and the photos are way too big for it).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes. My 24'' monitor is not big enough either:), I edited it, looks better.
20 ATM might not be a "true" diver, I think more water resistance means less maintenance (decreasing re-oil frequency?)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a black and white version of this beauty? or with a bracelet?
Yes, there is a black and white version,

But no bracelet version as I know.

·
8,352 Posts
Yes. My 24'' monitor is not big enough either:), I edited it, looks better. 20 ATM might not be a "true" diver, I think more water resistance means less maintenance (decreasing re-oil frequency?)
Thanks--the photos are terrific now--and fit even my 17" at...work b-) :roll: ;-)

What a beauty. Obviously I'm still thinking about it because here I am, back on the thread... :-d

---as far as a bracelet goes, I bet the watch would look incredible on a watchadoo.

·
Registered
21,708 Posts
Yes. My 24'' monitor is not big enough either:), I edited it, looks better.
20 ATM might not be a "true" diver, I think more water resistance means less maintenance (decreasing re-oil frequency?)
Congrats on your new watch :-!

I think a true diver should have at least 30ATM WR capability and an escape valve.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Congrats on your new watch :-!

I think a true diver should have at least 30ATM WR capability and an escape valve.
No, a true diver has to be used by someone who is a diver while diving.

A "diver's watch" under ISO 6425, or equivalent, only has to be rated to 100 meters (but tested to 125% rated value), antimagnetic to 4,800 A/m, shockresistant to approximately 5000 g, have some means of telling it is running in darkness, have some means of telling time in darkness, have a means of telling elapse time in darkness and have straps that don't come off under a good pull (the spec lists the actual value, but I can't remember it).

Even watches designated suitable for saturation diving do not require a pressure relief valve, they just have to show they can handle internal pressure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank both of you :thanks
Learned a lot. :-!

No, a true diver has to be used by someone who is a diver while diving.

A "diver's watch" under ISO 6425, or equivalent, only has to be rated to 100 meters (but tested to 125% rated value), antimagnetic to 4,800 A/m, shockresistant to approximately 5000 g, have some means of telling it is running in darkness, have some means of telling time in darkness, have a means of telling elapse time in darkness and have straps that don't come off under a good pull (the spec lists the actual value, but I can't remember it).

Even watches designated suitable for saturation diving do not require a pressure relief valve, they just have to show they can handle internal pressure.

·
Registered
27,513 Posts
Fantastic watch, testdig. You're gonna make many jealous people around here, including me ;-) what a beauty :p

30th Dec
I was mad that day, ordered a m310s (8169.310) without approval from my boss(wife), and excited to expect it would arrive on 31th Dec as new year present for myself.

31th Dec
At work, only thing I was doing is refreshing web page of delivery tracking. But there was no update since 2:00 am... That afternoon, entire city was in the biggest traffic jam of year 2009, all I was concerning is whether I could get my m310s before 2010. I called CS (customer service) of express delivery, they did not have any of update for my m310s... Finally I gave it up at 11:59 pm, I told CS I would leave the city and be back on 3rd Jan, ask them to deliver my m310s after 3:00 pm 3rd Jan.

1st Jan
I was counting every second and expecting 3rd Jan.

2nd Jan
CS misuderstood my call, delivered m310 to my place, of course nobody was there, they tried to call me, but my cell phone was turned off. I usually do not turn off my cell phone 7*24, that day, I did not take my charger, so I turn it off to save power......

3rd Jan
I was very happy when I opened my eyes from sleeping, it is 3rd Jan! I could get my m310s today! I drove faster and faster even was over speed limit 30% on the high way back to the city. But nobody came to my place before 4:00 pm, I called CS again, they told me they tried to deliver my m310s and I was not there, I asked them to do it again or give me an address I would come to there to get my m310s, they said they will deliver it again. Then I waited, at 10:00 pm, nobody came or contacted to me, I had to give it up, I called CS to change shipping address to my work and ask them deliver it on 4th Jan

4th Jan
A guy called me said when I would be in my place, they delivered my m310s to my place again! I said I called CS to change shipping address, he said he was not informed, and if I change shipping address, I have to wait 1 more working day. I was driven totally crazy... I complained to CS, they promised that they would deliver it at 6:00 pm. Yes, they did not let me down, I got it!!!

Please excuse my mistake in English.

Here are some pics

click to enlarge picture

steel back

click to enlarge picture

what's the next tragedy, my wrist is too thin to wear it, I would have to modify the strap.

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

Thanks for viewing

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of your compliments. :thanks

Add 3 days accuracy info

In 1st 24 hours, +1s

2nd, +3s

3rd, 0s (it ran +1s in 9 hours, but next 15 hours, it ran -1s, I guess it's affected by position and power)

Anyway I'm very happy with this accuracy. :-!

·
8,352 Posts
So pleased you're happy with this beautiful watch. There are very few watches on my "really really wanna have" list, and this is one of them.

:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
5,773 Posts

Add 3 days accuracy info

In 1st 24 hours, +1s

2nd, +3s

3rd, 0s (it ran +1s in 9 hours, but next 15 hours, it ran -1s, I guess it's affected by position and power)

Phenomenal accuracy readings! Can you compare to your M222S? I'll be getting this one as a tester in the near future!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I fully wind my M222S every morning at around 9 o'clock, it runs -1~-3 seconds per day.

Phenomenal accuracy readings! Can you compare to your M222S? I'll be getting this one as a tester in the near future!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Testdig, where did you order it from? Do you know the model number of the black/white version? Are there any other versions besides the black/orange and black/white ones?
I would assume that Testdig ordered it just the way that I ordered it (when I lived in Shanghai) - via the Sea-Gull website.
What I did was to mention the model number + attach a picture of the color combination I wanted (black and orange) as I wasn't able to find that there were two model numbers for the different color combination.
Unfortunately there are only black & orange and black & white.

It's my favorite watch and as AlbertaTime suggested: it does look great on a bracelet!

·
8,352 Posts
So these models aren't available to US customers in any way?
They are available on Taobao

Here's how to parse and use Taobao if you don't speak/write Chinese

or you can use a Taobao Agent...I'm not saying these folks (TaobaoNow.Com) are cheapest but they're not expensive and: they're dependable, very friendly, fluent in English and very easy to use. I'm probably going to use Ozputera's suggestion next time I use an agent but it's not quite as easy as TaobaoNow. Just follow the easy isntructions and provide the link to the watch you want.

Good hunting!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.