WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions from a newbie
How impt are the red cards that come with a omega purchase ?
Ie if buying a 2 nd hand watch , would it be a bad thing not to have them ? Other than not having the "complete set" value/ feeling

Does omega require the cards when sending the watch in for servicing ( assuming watch is past warraty period)
Can one buy these cards for a omega watch to make the set compete?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
314 Posts
The cards could be helpful to determine the history of the watch. Where and when it was purchased new. Also provides the serial number, which will give you a idea as to the manufacture date.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Since I buy a watch to wear and often buy second hand, box and papers mean little to me unless there is significant collector value attached for watch that won't get much wear (because it is such a collector piece). A well-worn watch with box and papers is still a well-worn watch. :)
Many, however, place great importance on having these with their purchase and they will pay much more for the watch because of it.
Me, personally? You can't wear a box & papers. I always go for the deals.
Do I mind having them? Of course not - they will help the sale to a larger market if I do chose to sell it some day.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Only for watches to 1998, and this is for the movement only.

Omega Serial Numbers By Year...
Actually Ive seen some that go up to 2008.. like this one. Seems to jibe with the serial number on my 2007 seamaster.

Brittons Watches - Date your Omega Watch by Serial Number

Granted, I would never let lack of box and papers dissaude me from purchasing a watch, I am eyeing a 2254.50 in a local pawn shop. Boxes and papers are by no means neccesary, they are just nice to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.