WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got what might seem like a stupid question for you all. How does one change the strap on a Pioneer Navy Small Second? I've always lusted after the reference H78465553, strap reference H600.784.101. I've never seen on in the flesh, but looking at the photographs, I can't suss out how the strap would be replaced on those wonderful looking wire lugs. Can anyone enlighten me, possibly with photographs? And while we're at it, any owners out there of this watch care to share their opinions and experiences with it?

Many thanks, you guys are great by the way!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I don't own one of these, i do have other watches with this style of lug though, and i'm pretty sure there are just regular spring bars in there :)

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Strap changes are actually a bit easier with the faux fixed lugs than with more typical lugs, as it's easier to get the spring bar tool under the strap.

I've had the small second pioneer for a year and a half, and I adore it! The hands as a really nice pop of color, I love the numerals, and the case is really nicely done- the bezel is polished, but the sides have recessed areas that are brushed under the knurled area. The movement decoration is adequate (though not spectacular), but my only real complaint is the date window- the 3 is slightly smaller than the other numerals so that it will fit, and while the dial had a beautiful eggshell finish, the date ring is plain white. Still, it's a beautiful watch, and one that isn't horribly common.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I thought that must be the way, but I really couldn't say without actually handling the watch. It's going on my short list of "to get".

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Not all faux wire lugs are the same though. Carpenter does something similar to what you’re talking about, but my Nomos Metro is actually a 19mm strap on a 17mm spring bar. They make special straps with a 17mm quick releases spring bar inside. Wouldn’t work well at all with standard spring bars.

Strap changes are actually a bit easier with the faux fixed lugs than with more typical lugs, as it's easier to get the spring bar tool under the strap.

I've had the small second pioneer for a year and a half, and I adore it! The hands as a really nice pop of color, I love the numerals, and the case is really nicely done- the bezel is polished, but the sides have recessed areas that are brushed under the knurled area. The movement decoration is adequate (though not spectacular), but my only real complaint is the date window- the 3 is slightly smaller than the other numerals so that it will fit, and while the dial had a beautiful eggshell finish, the date ring is plain white. Still, it's a beautiful watch, and one that isn't horribly common.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts