WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How long have you gone without wearing a watch?

• 1-4 Days

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 4-8 Days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-10 Days

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • CRITITCAL STAGE: More than 10 Days

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Never

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must say, the past 10 days have been very challenging for me because that is how long my wrist has gone without wearing a watch. I am currently between moving and I decided to place my watches in the watch box within a moving box for safe keeping of course. The box is with me at my temporary residence until the wife and I get situated. It must be the stress from moving that has not allowed me to unbox my watches. I do feel that my wrist is too bare and it has also become awkward because I am depending more on my cell phone to tell time. What have I become? :-s
I would like to hear some of your responses.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Since I got gifted my first watch, a cheap one with red leds in the 70s: never. Always wore a watch, every single day.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I was in a coma for three days and I imagine they (the nurses) took my watch off then.

·
Registered
9,531 Posts
Nearly 3 weeks now.

Not fun. Want a watch. But, I do have one watch currently available, but I don't particularly like it, so it's staying on the shelf (until it sells). I guess I'd rather not wear any watch than wear a watch I dislike.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Times like this is why every WIS needs to have at least one good beater watch.

The only times I don't have a watch on is when I'm either playing golf or tennis and it gets in the way. My watch is almost always in my bag ready to put on after my game. I can't remember the last time I went a full day without wearing a watch.

Reactions: dbakiva

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
hmm, in a last 8 years - probably not a single day. As others said - everyone should have a beater.
Even when I go to the beach I have my Orange Monster. For intl travel to challenging locales - a nice beater can't be beat :) (wore Seiko milemarker while in Morocco, wore Invicta in India). For moving, car repairs, andy high-risk to watch activity - Invicta works out pretty well (and I am no Invicta fan). If it gets damaged - no worry. I always need to know the time though

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
There is about one day every couple months where something comes up when I am leaving the housemand I forget my watch. Boy, do I hate these days.... I slap one on as soon as I hit the front door.

·
Registered
150 Posts
10 days in August 2009, after the strap broke on my Luminox 3604 whilst snorkelling in the sea on holiday and the water was too deep to find it.

Did not really need a watch for those 10 days, but could not get used to the empty wrist.

Good comes out of everything though, as I then got my JSAR to replace it, but I always put this on an orange Nato strap now if I am doing something similar.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
About three weeks when my right shoulder had been operated on. I was confined into house life for that time period, so I decided it would be too much hassle to put a watch an after the operation. I had no where to go or any kind of schedule to follow. A watch seemed so pointless at that point.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I sometimes go all weekend without wearing a watch doesn't really bother me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've gone at most one day and usually on the rare occasions when I have been in a hurry and left the house without strapping on a watch. The day feels strange without a watch.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wearing a watch is the first thing I do when I wake up.. And taking it off is the last I do before going to bed (sometimes I forget and sleep with it on my wrist)
I just can't stand the feeling of having empty wrists
If I were you, I would buy even a 10 bucks Casio to go through these days

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The longest I've gone is my longest sleep. Every night it's off and then back on after my shower.

·
Premium Member
61,613 Posts
I didn't start wearing a watch until I was 4 and since that time the longest I have been watchless can be measured in hours rather than days so I think it's fair to say that I am never without a watch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I once had my watch break a main spring on a business trip. I made it about 24 hours before I had to go buy a beater g-shock. It just felt like I was naked without a watch.

·
Registered
708 Posts
people who gone 8-10days without watch should quit this forum right now...hahaa

1 - 20 of 31 Posts