WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I purchased a watch from a fellow member on the FS forum here.
The deal closed and I paid in full before lunch on Tuesday (5/24)
Since then there's been no communication.
I don't know when or if the watch shipped and if I should be expecting it.
I PMed yesterday afternoon to ask if it was mailed (5/26) but there's been no response - although his profile has shown that he's been on here every day (yes, I've been checking)
Should I start worrying?

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
ABSOLUTELY no excuse for lack of communication,especially if he's been active daily.PM him with a ultimatum,update or PayPal Dispute along with reporting him to Mods here so his account can be frozen!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
He seems like a good member though - decent participation and some feedback as a buyer. None as a seller that I can see.
I know PP will fix it (he wanted 'gift' but got 'goods') but I really want the watch!! :)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Thanks guys.
He seems like a good member though - decent participation and some feedback as a buyer. None as a seller that I can see.
I know PP will fix it (he wanted 'gift' but got 'goods') but I really want the watch!! :)
Accounts get hacked, so you should PM the ultimatum ASAP. Also beware if you do get a tracking number, as you may end up with an empty box. I'd video tape the box opening if you do end up getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Unacceptable especially considering payment was made and he's been active during the period he's gone dark with the OP.

Let us know how this turns out. Depending on the circumstances this may warrant a warning in the feedback thread to other prospective buyers from this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
Reactions: rfortson

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
If his account was totally quiet I'd suspect that he might be in the wild blue yonder but since he's been active in the period I'd contact the mods.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Wow, more watch buying and selling drama. The internet is a tough neighborhood. Good luck on the deal and I hope it all works out.

No excuse for poor communication after a deal.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
While I understand the possibility of a hacked WUS account, the payment was made by Paypal thus the seller has the buyer's email address and vice versa so there should be an alternate method of communication. That said it is POSSIBLE that not only was the account hacked but something separate is preventing the seller from using email.

I hate to see these things, even if nothing nefarious is going on there is still the stress involved with a deal in limbo.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
This post probably should have remained between the buyer, seller, Mods and Admins. There is no reason to scare the rest of us to death. Just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: Synequano

·
Registered
324 Posts
When the account is hacked, does it mean the seller is not responsible for the sale? I'll be worry if seller has no communication after I paid. Heck, I'll be worry when seller ask to get pay as "gift"

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
This post probably should have remained between the buyer, seller, Mods and Admins. There is no reason to scare the rest of us to death. Just sayin'. ;)
No, I think it is a good reminder to always buy the seller first​.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,189 Posts
No, I think it is a good reminder to always buy the seller first​.
The problem with that is good sellers have been hacked and/or impersonated via email. I don't want to scare anyone but knowledge is power.

The hacked accounts are the result of the member receiving an email or PM from a prospective buyer (answering a FS post) or seller (contacted member with WTB post) where the hacker asks if this is the watch he's selling or looking for accompanied by a hyperlink to what appears to be WatchUSeek. In reality the URL redirects to a spoofed WUS sign-on page that captures their password and username for the hacker to exploit. The hacker will then either access your account and change your profile email address and password, locking you out of your own account. Or he will access your account and turn off your PM notifications. He will then send out dozens of PM's to members with WTB posts. He'll offer the desired watch at a ridiculously low price and will use your references as his. You don't know this is happening because he's deleting all of his sent and incoming Private messages.

The other problem we're seeing is members putting their emails in their WTB/sales posts. Since we instituted our new Sales Corner rules the scammers have resorted to contacting members with WTB's via email claiming to be a reputable member. Their email will be the reputable members name @gmail, hotmail, yahoo, outlook, etc. and they'll link to the impersonated members feedback threads. If asked to contact via PM they'll say they are temporarily locked out of their account.

In most cases these guys will try to move communication to email so you won't know when they are discovered and banned. Several recent scams occurred days after the scammer/hacker was discovered and banned.

So the old mantra "buy the seller, not the watch" isn't as true as it used to be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts