WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting into watches and I like to wear different ones rather than the same one every day. Just got my first Seiko 5 automatic and I am wondering how often I will have to wear it to keep it running on time. Or is there a way to wind it manually when I am not wearking it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
314 Posts
roughly around 40 hours if the reserve is maxed out... to wind manually depends on the model you have... some you can wind manually (spin the crown), some you just do swinging motion with your hand while holding the watch... if you google your model number you can see the specification for the motor, say 7s26 you have to do swinging motion, 4r36 you can spin the crown...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Depends on your movement's power reserve, and how much you move around. Assuming a full wind, you may get up to 40 hours of power off-wrist with 7s26 movement.

If you have a Seiko 5 with a hand-winding movement like the 4R36, you can hand-wind it with about 40 turns, otherwise a watch winder may be what you want.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,238 Posts
It really depends on the movement. My vintage diver is good for 36-38 hours. My SARB is good for 40-42 hours

·
Registered
636 Posts
simple way..2 days

·
Premium Member
73,516 Posts
As you can see the power reserve and winding methods vary depending on the movement in your watch but on a full charge bank on 36 hours reserve at least.
When I'm not wearing a watch I just let it die as setting the time and day/date before I wear it doesn't take long.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Also, you can look in the user manual that came with your watch and the power reserve spec should be in there. It should also tell you if you can hand wind the watch.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
if it is a cheaper seiko 5, from my experience the reserve lasts about 25-30 hours (on my SNK809). If it is one of the nicer ones it should be a bit more.

Likely won't hand wind, so you will need a watch winder if you want to keep it going always

1 - 9 of 9 Posts