WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the GWA1100 is a very old model kso I thought of buying extra band and bezel since mine's a little worn and might break in 2-3 years. So I was wondering if the new band & bezel will have any decay after 2-3 years.

·
Registered
376 Posts
GWA1100 is very old? I didn't realize. LOL You've got a while before you should see any degradation and I'm pretty sure more modern era G's aren't as susceptible to "resin rot". I have a Frog from '99 that has seen minimal use and the resin is fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: How long will the resin in new original G-Shock band (& bezel) last if I don't use it?

By "old" I meant the band and bezel might not be available in my area after few years

·
G-Shock Mod
14,089 Posts
As the GWA1100 is a very old model kso I thought of buying extra band and bezel since mine's a little worn and might break in 2-3 years. So I was wondering if the new band & bezel will have any decay after 2-3 years.
it depends on how it was used, UV or solvent that it was exposed to. I don't know if anybody has a definite answer on it.

I keep mine clean, in cool dry place, along with a few spare bezel and strap. I expect this to out last me. :)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
How long will the resin in new original G-Shock band (& bezel) last if I don't use it?

I had a 1993 Gshock which I wore everyday (never took off for shower sleep etc) for the most active 18 years of my life (thru high school college and early years of desk diving), never seen sign of rotting except scars from abuse. Someone might even argue that was the older recipe of resin Casio uses.

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
G's since the late 90's do not suffer the dreaded resin rot of the earlier models as the formula has been changed and perfected. If you use your G hard, you may want to buy a, spare set and keep it it sealed and in a cool dark spot,for when a re-dressing is needed. There is no rhyme or reason to how long casio keeps making parts available. So, if it's one you really like, get a set and have peace of mind that you have the future reference parts.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts