WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a watch from a WUS member two days back....no names required yet.......we were exchanging PM's for about 2 hours.....discussing the watch,shipping options,price, etc......finally reached an agreement and I made an immediate payment by Paypal. Seller promised to ship next day......since then no response......sent two PM's...no reply.

Should I be worried ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Did you do anything silly like pay by paypal gift? I would be pretty mad that they hadn't sent any tracking info on the watch or at least acknowledged payment.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent by normal PayPal ....not gift.....seller immediately acknowledged receipt of payment, but nothing since.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
I usually give a seller three days to confirm shipment. If nothing by then, open a dispute.

HTH

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Got the guys phone number? GIve him a call. I would give him 1 more day and then open a dispute like Gajin said. When I sell I provide confirmation of payment received with an estimated time of ship. If there are any delays, I notify the buyer. Once shipped, I notify the buyer. Anything less is unprofessional IMO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13,852 Posts
Confirming payment is a good start. I try and be as responsive as I can when selling because it's kind and I know how excited I am waiting for a new purchase. I would send a final notice on the morning of day three that you need some communication as to where your watch is or you'll be filling a pay pal grievance at the end of the day.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
PM him and tell him, if you don't hear from him in a few hours or a day, your opening a dispute through Paypal.

Then let Paypal take care of it.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
When you conclude a deal, there's generally no/little reason not to expect timely replies. 24-48 hours is more than reasonable, especially if someone is an experienced WUSer.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have sent the seller a final reminder......will wait another 6-8 hours before opening a dispute .
Sad that it had to come to this........all my previous transactions with fellow WUS'ers have been flawless.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I once had a seller became VERY unresponsive and kicker was that I paid via gift. (he had a VERY good references - on a $2500 watch)

I even had his phone # and was able to get a Fedex Tracking # which did not update for days (looks like he printed out the label but did not ship out for like 3-4 days).

What a harrowing experience that was. I eventually did receive the watch and it was just as described. That said, I would have worried less if I paid the fee myself and did not pay via gift.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
If I did not get a tracking number within a few days, I would begin to worry. I try to print a label off Paypal whenever I sell a watch - it automatically sends an email to the buyer with the tracking number.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
When you click on the seller's profile, does it show forum activity since you last had contact? If it is a new-ish member and there has been forum activity, I would be really worried.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I paid via gift after being reassured by a seller with a lot of references. However, I received no tracking or notification for days after I paid. I decided to wait it out because I don't like bothering people about tracking or stuff like that. Besides, the seller had told me he would ship the watch the following day, so I had faith in him. Finally, three weeks later, the seller contacted me, asking whether I had received the package. I got it a day later, and the item was as described, but I'm never paying via gift again.

Reactions: igorRIJEKA

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'd pay with gift, but I would want them to scan and email me their driver's license and I want to confirm the name and address on it, stand in front of their house with a copy of the local newspaper from that day and take a picture and email it to me, send me their address, a screenshot of the google earth location. longitude and latitude of their house location, their mother's maiden name, their girlfriend or wife's name, the name of their first born and the school they go to, their blood type and only if they are in the US.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
I'd pay with gift, but I would want them to scan and email me their driver's license and I want to confirm the name and address on it, stand in front of their house with a copy of the local newspaper from that day and take a picture and email it to me, send me their address, a screenshot of the google earth location. longitude and latitude of their house location, their mother's maiden name, their girlfriend or wife's name, the name of their first born and the school they go to, their blood type and only if they are in the US.
Think about Rule #8 for the Sales Forum here at WUS:

8. Describing a sales transaction as a "gift" to avoid legitimate fees (i.e. Paypal), is illegal and violates WUS rules and is subject to thread deletion or account suspension.

Also, if you use PayPal "Gift" option and the seller sends you a lump of coal instead of a watch, you cannot make a claim through PayPal - after all, your transaction was a gift, you did not purchase anything.

HTH

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Think about Rule #8 for the Sales Forum here at WUS:

8. Describing a sales transaction as a "gift" to avoid legitimate fees (i.e. Paypal), is illegal and violates WUS rules and is subject to thread deletion or account suspension.

Also, if you use PayPal "Gift" option and the seller sends you a lump of coal instead of a watch, you cannot make a claim through PayPal - after all, your transaction was a gift, you did not purchase anything.

HTH
I learned my lesson. I did want to pay through normal channels, but the seller was adamant about paying via gift. This was my first transaction on WUS, so now I know better. Granted, the watch I bought was inexpensive -- about 100 bucks -- I was almost certain I'd never see anything show up at my doorstep. I'm lucky that so far all my transactions at WUS have been smooth, the sellers friendly and helpful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts