WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eb2215 026.JPG

I can't help noticing that there has been a lot of Everest stuff lately, what with Smiths and Hamilton getting mentioned, so I thought that I would throw this into the mix..The Everest Watch co...
Any information would be gratefully received....
(I know that the whole thing looks like a tiny grandfather clock but this is the only case that I had which would accommodate the movement and, to be honest, I quite like the look because it is unusual)
eb2215 025.JPG

..anyhow, what we are looking at here is the face not the case. The face is idiosyncratic in the sloping aspect of the numerals and looks like it may be original but who knows? The movement is a good quality one, which has had some adjustments, and works with the effortless efficiency that is missing in some less pampered movements. I can't find any info about the Everest Watch co, so if anyone can share what they know .....

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is like the programme Dave Gorman used to do on the telly where he looked into things that had just one hit when put into a google search. I checked the Mikrloisk site and, as you say, it throws as much illumination as a "Dark Brown Overcoat". It is a sobering thought that, especially in these times of throw away watches, there must, by definition, be single extant examples of the work of long-dead factories, which,when they have been disposed of, signals the extinction of the brand! And no-one notices! How sad is that? It does, of course, apply to everything in the universe, so we had better get used to it. Whooooooo........Heavyyyyy!!!!.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Ever heard of:

Everest Horology of St Louis?

or

Diastar of New Jersey?

or

Movado of Delaware?

or

Ocean Everest of Calgary?

or

Bijouterie Everest of Quebec?

or

Wing-Chu Wah of Calgary?

or

Picture Group of Moscow?

or

Timothy Everest of London?

They all have or have had an Everest trademark design for watches.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, Pithy. It looks like you know what you're talking about so welcome to my party. Any contributions are welcome but please don't insult the other guests and please don't throw up on the new carpet.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Hey, Pithy. It looks like you know what you're talking about so welcome to my party. Any contributions are welcome but please don't insult the other guests and please don't throw up on the new carpet.
And there's entities in the Ukraine and Singapore using an Everest trademark.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
From the list numbering 1750:

EVEREST - Montres PICARD R & Fils (to USA) La Chaux-de-Fonds

Pictured below: The Mikrolisk screen shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were to re-posit the original question thus:
Is the name "Everest" one of the five names most widely used in watchmaking for different makers, makes and models?

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
If I were to re-posit the original question thus: Is the name "Everest" one of the five names most widely used in watchmaking for different makers, makes and models?
I suspect that it probably wouldn't make the top 100 or anywhere near it.

The story of your movement is probably found - in part - embedded in this 16 meg document:

https://doc.rero.ch/record/19170/files/19330823.pdf

It references a liquidacion of assets.

This AS movement was produced in the tens of thousands, in various jewelings, hairspring configuarations, bridge designs and degrees of decoration. While a pedestrian caliber, it has always been recognized as being robust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts