WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys in my work place there seems to be a trend the G shock is the watch most worn in the mines
all of my drillers wear one and the drillers offsiders wear them
so in my work place alone theres is 12 G shocks
and we also had a admin guy come down for a visit and he was wearing the old frogman dw-9900 never seen one on someone before and it was his beating around watch
so how many guys at your work wear them

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Out of a total of 70 employees in the company (pen-pushers, clerks, engineers, machine operators, accountants, and the BOSS)

I only counted 5 G-Shock wearers, 6 if I am included.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I work at a rather large hospital and there are LOTs of staff members who wear G-shock watches (or Ironman watches), including alot of the doctors.

Good water resistance is an absolute must since we wash our hands hundreds of times a day.
And if you work in the ER, sooner or later, you're going to get blood, or other body fluids, all over your watch.

·
Registered
234 Posts
hi guys

i work in a large logistics and storage company with around 220 people.
i have not once seen some one wear a G. :-(

regards

sereph

·
Registered
665 Posts
A good bunch of firemen wear G-Shocks around here but we are over 500 men strong and don't know them all :)
Also, I've sold many Gs to them so the number is increasing

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
500 employees where I work (Pharmaceuticals company). Only G-shock is mine. I've seen two casios (non-Gs).

:-:)-:)-:)-(
:-:)-:)-(
:-:)-(
:-(

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Sadly I am the only one waving the G banner at work :-:)-(. And I can't even count the number of times people have complained about needing a STW and then they ask me about my watches and I tell them it has not only a STW but a CDT as well. Do they listen and go buy a G, nope o|o|.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Close to 1500 folks in Call Center where I work (PC Support) I've seen ONE person wearing 6900 and that was 6 months ago.

And I looked...:think:

What's trully bizzare here is that almost everyone uses Java applets to time lunches and breaks... but no Gs... I've seen some timex digitals and a few non G casios but that's it...

So most folks need a timer, but almost none use watches with timer. Bizzare...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
I have one colleague wearing several G-Shock's (guess who's the provider) and another wearing a Seapathfinder. The teacher computer technology wants a GW-002, so that will be the third G-Shocker between my colleagues. There must be a student (2nd grade) wearing a Codename Cipher, but I haven't seen him for a while. Another one is wearing a G-2200. Last week I spotted a girl with a Baby-G under her lab coat. Forgot who it was.

A few days ago I saw a guy with a great monserous watch! It appeared to be an U-Boat (not a fake). It had a red crystal (changable in different shades). He had worked the whole summer to afford it. THe listed price was over €3000.- for that one, but he got a reasonable discount, because he knew the jeweller (which is 65 km from here). I notice our studenst are wearing BIG watches the past year.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
None in my workplace. There are only 8 of us and everyone wears Citizen Eco-drives except for two of us, one Seiko Kinetic and Seiko chronograph for our regular wears.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I haven't seen any in my workplace but my supervisor wears an old Texas Instruments LCD! Most others either don't wear a watch at all or have a Timex of some sort. I'm hoping I can make it 1 tomorrow if the mailman is nice...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
100 staff : 5 G-Shocks, all supplied by me ;-)

Plenty of 80's Casios though !
Ha ha Kim,

You do a better job than me. I have suplied G-Shocks for 7 students in the past though, but they are all finished school here. One of them was already a G-Shock wearer.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
328 Posts
there's me, a colleague with a pathfinder that was mine and another one with a dw5200. and that's it.

there are a lot of other photojournalists and cameramen who wear them, just not on my paper.

·
Registered
376 Posts
we are a CD/DVD replication company; only one colleague of mine wears a G-shock (G-315RL) and we often discuss our watches :)well, the other day somebody wrote in this forum that they would not wear a G-shock for a job interview: I wore it as I always wear it, and I was especially proud of it at my job interview; my job involves a lot of data entry, which has got to be very accurate, comparing long strings of letters and digits, performing data tests of the discs, etc, and I think G-shock on my wrist kind of suggests that I am the right person for the job :))

·
Registered
65 Posts
i work in construction and most of the people don't even wear a watch and say why do they need a watch when their phone has a clock on it. have not seen 1 casio. i almost gave up on watches my self until i got my hands on my first mudman. the few people i have seen with a watch tell me they just buy the cheapest watch they find and just throw it away when it breaks. i tell them about the mudman and they don't seem a bit interested. so out of a few 100 people i see in a year in construction no casios here.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm working in software development and so far none of my ~120 coworkers -except for one executive board member- seems to be a G-wearer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I work in a lab making custom foot orthotics(insoles).There's only 2 of us that wear and collect G's. In fact we both went out and bought Mudmans this week as there was a special price on them.:-!

Mudman's are ideal for my type of work as my work environment consists of wood dust and plaster of paris.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts