WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a routine every night to wind up my automatic watches. I am sure it varies from model to model but I have several Seiko Automatic movements. I will do approximately 30-35 manual winds per day on each watch and that does seem to do the trick but I am wondering if I can reduce that to 15 or so manual winds per day and still keep running another 24 hours without stopping.

Take for example a 4r36 movement. I believe it to have about a 40-hour power reserve. I am not sure if 30 manual winds will take it to its maximum, its difficult on an automatic watch to tell if it's at its maximum winding.

So for sure 30 is enough winds per day to keep them running. but what about 15 or even 10 per manual winds day? Will that last me another 24 hours?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
In know the ~40h ETA is 30 manual winds. ~1250 rotations of the automatic rotor, or ~2500 arm shakes (non exact definition obviously).
It's an approximately similar movement.

·
Premium Member
73,516 Posts
It’s not the answer to your question but I’d just let them die. If you want to wear them on a regular basis then consider a winder.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Generally speaking, one full rotation of the crown = 1 hour of run time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't touch my watch other than wear it. This is it's time spec atm. Runs 30 secs slower than atomic timer and cba to change it. Pretty decent so far

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't touch my watch other than wear it. This is it's time spec atm. Runs 30 secs slower than atomic timer and cba to change it. Pretty decent so far

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

"Pretty decent -0.5spd" is a bit of an uderstatement!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts