WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to know if any of you guy's and girls have ever regretted not buying the watch you wanted the 1st time around? I've been there a few times now I'm not saying I don't like what I have but I will admit I should of bought what I was aiming for. Last month I bought this Citizen Eco Drive World Timer, But I was also looking at this Citizen 2100 Eco Drive Chronograph. I also wanted a World Timer that displayed all the timezones at a glance, But also liked the 2100 as well. I believe the 2100 was only $ 100 more then the World Timer but decided to save up for it next time, But Now I wish I could bring it back and get the other watch instead, But can't because I'm over do in the return date. Before you ask no it was not an impulse buy I've been looking at both watches for a long time.

Here's the watch I bought.

Here's the watch I really wanted.

I'll shall rule the world and take all the watches.

B

·
0 Posts
Yes this has happened to me.

I ended up in a very long term flip that cost me alot of money.

ALWAYS buy what you want, even if it means buying nothing until you have the money or have the piece in front of you. Never settle.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Well, I am kicking myself for buying what I wanted when I had the chance to buy it.

Back in March we went to Orlando & I swung by the Torneau outlet & they had a great LE Oris 1945 Flight Timer (Which I love), which I'm sure I could of negotiated a good price for. My wife had just bought me an Oris F1 for X-mas, so I decided I'd wait a little, but the more I think of it the more I regret not jumping on it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What wis HASN'T that happened to? BTW #2 in better looking imho. A LOT!:-d

·
Registered
414 Posts
I actually like the one you bought quite a bit more than the one you wanted to buy.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have. I'm regreting not getting the big yellow seiko watch when I was transitting in abu dahbi airport last month.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Passed on this about a year ago. Great price and haven't seen one since. o|

·
Registered
467 Posts
the number of watches ive passed on in the last 20 years have been great!The ones i should have taken
1-18karat/stainless Concord that was old-new stock in box and found in back of jewelry safe during an inventory.retail was 2600.00 and offered to me for $595.00...i was saving for Rolex and let someone else buy it...stupid me.The other was an older (1970s)stainless Rolex Date size that was pretty beat up,but offered by a friend who owned a pawn shop...$300.00...I KNOW...STUPID ME!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not me. :)

I paid double to have the one I wanted. My thinking was should things remain good I have a great base to start, having the watch I really wanted. But if things down the road aren't so good, and I don't really have much of a watch budget, I have the one I wanted so nothing to worry about. Right now I have 4 watches, soon to be 3, but I could be near as happy with one because I bought the one I wanted! :-!

Did I mention, I bought the one I wanted! :-x

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It happened to me a couple of times. Most recently a trade opportunity for a Breitling navitimer that I should of made my decision faster. I knew I wanted it, but just kinda cruise it thinking nobody else offered the seller a deal. Boy, was I wrong...:-(

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
What is that button/knob/conflageration on the upper right of the dial at 2ish O'clock? Its a great looking watch, but I want to know what that is.

Well, I am kicking myself for buying what I wanted when I had the chance to buy it.

Back in March we went to Orlando & I swung by the Torneau outlet & they had a great LE Oris 1945 Flight Timer (Which I love), which I'm sure I could of negotiated a good price for. My wife had just bought me an Oris F1 for X-mas, so I decided I'd wait a little, but the more I think of it the more I regret not jumping on it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Way back in 1983 I didn't buy the Rolex SeaDweller that I'd lusted after for years because the Navy Exchange wanted right at $1000.00usd. Being a lowly squid, complete with lowly paycheck, I opted for a Seiko 6309-7049 ($125.00usd).

I wore that watch for almost twenty-five years ... daily .... with never a thought or a service. It served me true and well. After a much needed spa treatment last year, she now resides in quasi-retirement, as other newer pieces take the brunt of day-to-day life adventures.

When I learned the SeaDweller was going out of production, I had to get one ... suffice to say that it wasn't $1000.00usd anymore ... but as it had stayed in my head for the last 20-something years, I just had to scratch the itch.

I'm very glad I did ....

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
What is that button/knob/conflageration on the upper right of the dial at 2ish O'clock? Its a great looking watch, but I want to know what that is.

Thats a second crown which is used to rotate the inner bezel allowing you to actually have 3 time zones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts