Votes: 123 35.2%
  • More than five

Votes: 41 11.7%
101 - 120 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,193 Posts
This is just me but I don't consider G-Shocks to be "watches."

For me, nothing digital or computerized counts as a proper "watch." I consider G-Shocks to be the forerunner of today's "wrist computers."

I'm good with automatics and quartzes but definitely not anything digital or computerized. I simply can't do the Borg or Matrix or latest Vader/Storm Trooper/Sith and/or hyper-modern thing.

Those fundamental issues aside, I dislike the look of all G-Shocks and digital or computer watches.
You realize they do analogues, right?
I think the poll is unfair. There should be a choice option for you and @JustAbe - it’s called “more than all members of WUS combined”
That photo isn't updated....🥴
Also, Abe owns everything. I'm not in his league haha
Yep.

I had a few.

Down to my last one after my kids appropriated some, lost one and one stolen.

I think a 2100 is in my future, (I just can’t call it a Casio-oak), but which one!

Mandatory for any activity that could damage a watch…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...
My personal favorite is the gray with a positive digital screen :)
Watch Cloud Sky Analog watch Azure

Yeah... that's quite impressive! Do you actually like all of them enough to wear, or you bought some just to round out the collection?
Yup, wear all of them, just some more than others :)
None.

I don't like the style and I see no reason to have one either. G-Shock marketing makes people think you can't go camping with a mechanical or regular quartz watch because they are super fragile and need to be pampered, allegedly. Which is complete nonsense.
Funny thing is, even as a Casio fan I agree with you about the durability of autos. People severely underestimate their ability to be knocked around...but I cannot really blame Casio for marketting what is their most noteworthy attribute, in the same way I don't blame dive watch manufacturers for making people think they cannot wash their hands without one.
I had a maximum of about 50 G at the same time. Currently I have 20 items, including 15 Mudmaster is this collection on photo. Currently only as an exhibition, I assume G is GW5000.

Wysłane z mojego VOG-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Co ol set up
Had two, sold the rainbow MTG but keeping the MRG:

View attachment 16114427
Wow, you got two beauts. I have the dlc version of that MR-G, but part of me prefers the brushed Ti. Gorgeous
I recently bought the blacked out Casioak, and since then I have been hanging around on the g shock forum a bit.

What surprised me, as a 47mil Panerai owner, was the immense case sizes of some of them 😳

Or is it that people with tiny wrists are attracted to g shocks So it makes them look extra large?
Nope, quite a few damn big models.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,694 Posts

Used to be mostly a mechanical watch fan. Only have one mech in rotation, my Explorer, and several G-Shocks.

I mostly wear my GW-5000U. I love the classic digital square look with modern conveniences: solar power, DLC coated case (under the resin bezel).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have two, a Riseman and a GW-B5600 Bluetooth watch.

They were cheap (relative to my usual hunting grounds), and if I'm going to potentially be in some seriously sketchy situation or just want to go out for a run, I grab one of them.

Just because I prefer mechanicals for day to day timekeeping doesn't mean I won't resort to the best technology has to offer when I need to.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
own 7 and one on the way

Reactions: JustAbe

·
Registered
60 Posts
** I'd been searching for a "beater" watch.

Main criteria was analog, I'm just not a digital watch guy at this time. Though I did own some growing up in years gone by.

One day my wife and I happened into an AD (Dillard's) out of town. She was shoe shopping, so I went over to scout out watches. They had every current model on display AND all were at 40% off! Wound up getting a Mudmaster GG-B100-1A3CR from their MASTER OF G Series. A great looking Ana-Digi watch IMO.

Wasn't used to such a huge (55mm) case on my 6.75" wrist at first, but somehow it seems to fit perfect. I'll also probably never use the vast number of functions it's capable of, but I do like syncing to the app for configuration and easy setup. It also keeps the time accurate. The white on black dial makes reading the time in daylight or low light situations simple.

I wore it for a few days and couldn't bond with the resin strap. Bought Jays and Kays adapters and a nice strap...problem solved.

The only issue is that I've come to like the watch so much, I don't know if I'll have the heart to really put it to the test as intended, hehe.

** So, I guess I'm still looking for the perfect "beater" watch. :rolleyes:
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

p.s. The date...never forget!! 🇺🇲

·
Registered
885 Posts
The only G-Shock I have ever owned was a first generation G-Shock I bought when they first came out. I gave it to my dad when I bought my Seiko Turtle in 1987. My dad passed five years ago. I would like to have THAT watch back (which will never happen for reasons I shall not get into), but have no great interest in owning another. I respect the G-Shock history and those who buy them for their ridiculously affordable ruggedness and affordability. I have ambivalence toward those who are now collecting them obsessively as though they are today's Beanie Babies.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Casio makes the two watches I own that are most likely to be worn when I’m doing yard work, working with power tools, dealing with sand or gravel, or painting/staining anything. It’s no coincidence they cost about $50 each. Hardly a master class in horology, but they do simple/durable/reliable quartz watches well and at a very fair price.

Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Material property

Watch Hand Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
None.

I don't like the style and I see no reason to have one either. G-Shock marketing makes people think you can't go camping with a mechanical or regular quartz watch because they are super fragile and need to be pampered, allegedly. Which is complete nonsense.
I agree, nonsense. However, it’s nice having a watch in the backcountry that‘s legible at night with no ambient light & without waking a tent-mate with a headlamp. Easiest way to do that is a cheap analog with tritium, tapping the button on a G-Shock, or tapping the button on a fitness tracker.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I only own one G-Shock. To me the original DW-5000C G-Shock is an icon and since I missed out on buying it back in 1983(?), I purchased a GW-5000-1JF which I consider the closest current offering to the original.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Three. I’m considering selling two for a single more expensive solar/multi band model. I’m square only. Others are too bulky for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am not a big fan of any of the analog G-Shocks, but I do like a few of the digital ones. I bought a red jelly because it was so '90s and fun I could not resist. It reminds me of all the colored see-thru plastic things that were popular in the '90s and early '00s. For being the non-6 band version, this thing is almost always either +/- 1 second and I haven't adjusted it in months so despite not being a HAQ it does a good job other than being hard to read with the negative display.
Watch Hand Input device Finger Clock

I agree that mechanical watches can take more abuse than we give credit, but I do prefer to avoid them for anything that may risk permanent damage. For anything truly risky, I wear no watch, but if it's just more likely to scratch the watch or something, I will usually wear a G-Shock. I have the Rangeman as my "apocalypse" watch since it's solar powered, has a compass, and feels especially sturdy. But I am normally not big on these huge chunky watches, somehow it works for the Rangeman though. Otherwise I am pretty strictly 45mm or smaller and would not exceed for any other watch.
Watch Clock Gadget Everyday carry Watch accessory

My most favorite G-Shock though is the full metal square. Visually very pleasing to me, though I do treat this one a little more carefully to keep the polished surfaces nice and shiny. Low key kind of want the gold one too just because it's so ridiculous.
Watch Plant Analog watch Clock Terrestrial plant

I still kind of would like a normal square G but it's a low priority and I never decided if I wanted the sterile dial version or the regular one (Since my red jelly is already a sterile and having all that text on it does sort of balance it out in a way). I don't know why I like these so much, but I do not feel inspired to collect dozens of them as I know some others do - TETO though!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
With a G-Shock, you can never go wrong. You may be good with just one rare 5K to go!!
Watch Finger Clock Wrist Strap

Or maybe a carbon fiber ghost or two, bro!!
Watch Font Clock Material property Wrist

Or maybe it's Japanese history for you.
Watch White Rectangle Analog watch Clock

But three maybe your fancy, digital?
Watch Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Or maybe analog?
Watch Analog watch Light Watch accessory Clock

Or just a mix of the two, three that is for you.
Watch Analog watch White Light Watch accessory

But then you are on the slippery slope, so do four!!
Toy Light Product Font Auto part

Or a whole bunch of metal ones galore!!
Water Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Oh, you are a mechanical guy, then why not try the blue?!
Watch Analog watch Photograph Product Clock

Or maybe Maharishi orange to the moon.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Gold may be too blingy.
Watch Analog watch White Product Clock

Then the Oak should do.
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Match it to your car, maybe this.
Motor vehicle Hood Car Vehicle Automotive design

And if that is too much, maybe an MG.
Watch Analog watch White Light Black

Or match it to the engine.
Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

The lights will also do
Clock Font Personal protective equipment Electric blue Vehicle

Or just to the wheels
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product

Or maybe the brakes too.
Light Motor vehicle Purple Automotive design Automotive lighting

White is nice
Watch Rectangle Clock Material property Wrist

Maybe with a dash of blue
Watch Hand Clock Finger Gadget

And if you like the blue, maybe get two.
Electric blue Font Fashion accessory Metal Circle

Ok, hold on, you can also match it to your shirt.
Watch Hand Azure Gesture Clock

This shirt will also do
Watch Hand Arm White Blue

Or to your socks
Watch Hand Product Clock Wrist

Or to your shoes
Watch Hand Analog watch Photograph White

Or absolutely nothing too
Watch Analog watch Blue Clock Finger

Signing out, stay safe and healthy, everyone!!
Product Rectangle Clock Font Technology

·
Registered
443 Posts
With a G-Shock, you can never go wrong. You may be good with just one rare 5K to go!!
View attachment 16115136

Or maybe a carbon fiber ghost or two, bro!!
View attachment 16115138

Or maybe it's Japanese history for you.
View attachment 16115139

But three maybe your fancy, digital?
View attachment 16115141

Or maybe analog?
View attachment 16115142

Or just a mix of the two, three that is for you.
View attachment 16115143

But then you are on the slippery slope, so do four!!
View attachment 16115144

Or a whole bunch of metal ones galore!!
View attachment 16115145

Oh, you are a mechanical guy, then why not try the blue?!
View attachment 16115146

Or maybe Maharishi orange to the moon.
View attachment 16115147

Gold may be too blingy.
View attachment 16115148

Then the Oak should do.
View attachment 16115149

Match it to your car, maybe this.
View attachment 16115152

And if that is too much, maybe an MG.
View attachment 16115153

Or match it to the engine.
View attachment 16115155

The lights will also do
View attachment 16115159

Or just to the wheels
View attachment 16115156

Or maybe the brakes too.
View attachment 16115157

White is nice
View attachment 16115160

Maybe with a dash of blue
View attachment 16115162

And if you like the blue, maybe get two.
View attachment 16115163

Ok, hold on, you can also match it to your shirt.
View attachment 16115164

This shirt will also do
View attachment 16115165

Or to your socks
View attachment 16115166

Or to your shoes
View attachment 16115167

Or absolutely nothing too
View attachment 16115169

Signing out, stay safe and healthy, everyone!!
View attachment 16115174
That was a mic drop post if ever I've seen one...

101 - 120 of 197 Posts