• One

Votes: 114 32.8%
  • Two to five

Votes: 122 35.1%
  • More than five

Votes: 41 11.8%
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

Premium Member
Not only did this make me smile big... I grabbed my wife and made her scroll through it herself. Her reaction: "Those are nice. Why don't you have those?"

不不不
I trust that the cheque is in the mail @DC Lavman!! 10% is the going rate!! BTW, my greatest fear is that I'll drop dead tomorrow, and my wife will sell all of my watches for what I told her I paid for them. Stay safe and healthy, Sir, and please make sure that your account will cover the cheque!! .

Registered
I just picked up the new CasiOak on a lark. But my other two G-shocks are used for their intended purposes. My Rangeman is my go anywhere in the woods watch, and my Frogman is the watch I wear on and in the ocean. Both are tough, reliable, and purpose built, and I dont worry about babying them. Theres a reason why soldiers in combat zones wear these things.

Premium Member
  • Love
Reactions: JustAbe

Registered
Since I joined this forum, a few things have surprised me, and one of those is how many of you rave about G-shocks being essential... I don't dislike them, but I've never really felt the desire to own one either. But since almost every SOTC post either shows at least one, or says something like "not counting the G-shocks", I'm increasingly feeling I'm the odd one out.

So, survey time!

Feel free to comment if you have a strong opinion, or if you don't care much one way or another, feel free to complain about Rolex ADs :)

(Note, I'm asking this question in the general forum since if I ask in the G-shock forum, the responses will be somewhat biased...)
I had many as a kid. Not anymore though

Registered
I'm one of those 'biased' guys from the g-shock forum (where I spend most of my time here). Yes, I am a g-shock fan-man. ;) That said, everyone has different likes and it doesn't bother me a whit if others don't like g-shocks and don't have any.

But.....I will tell you. These are some of the reasons why I like g-shocks so much. They come in a HUGE variety of styles, colors, models, sizes, materials, and with a wide range of functions. They can also be found at a wide range of price points, from $40 or so all the way up to more than $8,000!! You want a very limited edition watch? You can find it. You like titanium? You can find that, too. You want an unobtrusive, stainless steel watch that will easily fit under a cuff? Yeah, you'll find that also. Or, do you like loud colors? You will DEFINITELY find that! 不

Some of the functional reasons why I like them: many are solar-powered; many receive daily time-sync updates via Multiband 6 (or Bluetooth, or GPS); they are ALL 200m water resistant; nearly all have a light for night-time use; and all are tough as nails. Plus, you don't have to baby these watches, there are no service costs, and they last a really, really long time.

The bottom line with them for me, is this: I've never had more fun buying & wearing any brand/style/model of watch than I've had with Casio g-shocks. As the saying goes.....try them - you might like them. ;)

Oh, also: the peeps in the g-shock forum here are a bunch of really good people. Interacting with them is half the fun of this hobby.

Here are a few examples of Gs:

Watch Gesture Clock Gadget Everyday carry

Watch Arm Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

Watch Gadget Camera accessory Clock Font

Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Watch accessory

Registered
I'm one of those 'biased' guys from the g-shock forum (where I spend most of my time here). Yes, I am a g-shock fan-man. ;) That said, everyone has different likes and it doesn't bother me a whit if others don't like g-shocks and don't have any.

But.....I will tell you. These are some of the reasons why I like g-shocks so much. They come in a HUGE variety of styles, colors, models, sizes, materials, and with a wide range of functions. They can also be found at a wide range of price points, from $40 or so all the way up to more than $8,000!! You want a very limited edition watch? You can find it. You like titanium? You can find that, too. You want an unobtrusive, stainless steel watch that will easily fit under a cuff? Yeah, you'll find that also. Or, do you like loud colors? You will DEFINITELY find that!

Some of the functional reasons why I like them: many are solar-powered; many receive daily time-sync updates via Multiband 6 (or Bluetooth, or GPS); they are ALL 200m water resistant; nearly all have a light for night-time use; and all are tough as nails. Plus, you don't have to baby these watches, there are no service costs, and they last a really, really long time.

The bottom line with them for me, is this: I've never had more fun buying & wearing any brand/style/model of watch than I've had with Casio g-shocks. As the saying goes.....try them - you might like them. ;)

Oh, also: the peeps in the g-shock forum here are a bunch of really good people. Interacting with them is half the fun of this hobby.

Here are a few examples of Gs:

View attachment 16117174

View attachment 16117175

View attachment 16117176

View attachment 16117219
How do you like the titanium square?? Have you tried the full metal? Full metal vs titanium? I really want a higher end square, I have the basic 5600. I like the all matte LE titanium positive display model, but wonder if since its a constant color will show scratches even with DLC.

Confused if I want to go GW-5000 route, full metal, or go all the way and eventually get the titanium.

What are your thoughts with the squares youve owned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
How do you like the titanium square?? Have you tried the full metal? Full metal vs titanium? I really want a higher end square, I have the basic 5600. I like the all matte LE titanium positive display model, but wonder if since its a constant color will show scratches even with DLC.

Confused if I want to go GW-5000 route, full metal, or go all the way and eventually get the titanium.

Not who you asked, but I can share some thoughts. The steel full metal G is really weighty feeling, perhaps it's just my impression but I swear it seems heavier than a lot of my mechanical pieces on bracelet. It does not feel excessive, but you feel its weight when wearing it. I would imagine the titanium feels drastically different, but I am not really big on camo anything and they are a good bit more expensive.

If you like the G and want a more premium feeling heavy version, I think you would like the full metal one. If you want that plus it not being heavy and really like the digital camo pattern, then you may want to go for it. I feel like the more approachable price of the regular full metal G is a lot more palatable than the titanium which seems to go for about 3-4 times as much. But perhaps someone who has owned and worn both can share a more informed opinion on the titanium. I do almost find myself coming around to the digital camo print, but the clean simplicity of the silver metal one I like the most.

Registered
Not who you asked, but I can share some thoughts. The steel full metal G is really weighty feeling, perhaps it's just my impression but I swear it seems heavier than a lot of my mechanical pieces on bracelet. It does not feel excessive, but you feel its weight when wearing it. I would imagine the titanium feels drastically different, but I am not really big on camo anything and they are a good bit more expensive.

If you like the G and want a more premium feeling heavy version, I think you would like the full metal one. If you want that plus it not being heavy and really like the digital camo pattern, then you may want to go for it. I feel like the more approachable price of the regular full metal G is a lot more palatable than the titanium which seems to go for about 3-4 times as much. But perhaps someone who has owned and worn both can share a more informed opinion on the titanium. I do almost find myself coming around to the digital camo print, but the clean simplicity of the silver metal one I like the most.
Thanks for your input! I think I agree. I tried on the full metal once and its pretty heavy地nd shiny. Id like to get a premium square as a daily wear but not sure if that would work for those reasons.

I really like the module in the premium squares which is a big reason. And the display. Big buttons.

The titanium is so cool but I havent tried one on. I know its not really a good value for money, but that doesnt mean its not awesome!!!

Theres also the half metal half resin models在ut still shiny.

Maybe theyll come out with more titanium in the future, or different metal models.

Heres the titanium LE I was referring to in the last post:

Registered

To your question, I'd suggest posing it in the g-shock forum. Many guys there have owned that Ti square since it was released, and could give you a good idea of how the finish holds up.

I love the titanium square. I wanted a full titanium square for a long time but they weren't available. To me, it's the ultimate square. (less than 110 grams when sized, while my full-metal SS square is 162g as sized for my 7 3/4 inch wrist)

That said, I like the full metal SS squares too and own 3 of them. (two on bracelets, and 1 on a strap) But the lower weight of the Ti is much nicer, IMO. You hardly know the watch is on your wrist.

But sometimes.....I don't want a square on bracelet. At times like that, a GW-5000 is great, as is my GMW-B5000G-1, which I currently have on a Borealis rubber dive strap using JaysandKays adapters. Both of these watches will be virtually bulletproof, yet are quite comfortable on the rubber/resin straps.

It's hard to give advice in this area, because people's likes/wants are so different. The good thing is, if you try something and don't like it, you can always sell it. If I were you, I might start off with one of the full metal SS squares. They are significantly cheaper than the titanium, and you might find that you really like them. You might still end up with a Ti down the road, who knows...

Registered
To your question, I'd suggest posing it in the g-shock forum. Many guys there have owned that Ti square since it was released, and could give you a good idea of how the finish holds up.

I love the titanium square. I wanted a full titanium square for a long time but they weren't available. To me, it's the ultimate square. (less than 110 grams when sized, while my full-metal SS square is 162g as sized for my 7 3/4 inch wrist)

That said, I like the full metal SS squares too and own 3 of them. (two on bracelets, and 1 on a strap) But the lower weight of the Ti is much nicer, IMO. You hardly know the watch is on your wrist.

But sometimes.....I don't want a square on bracelet. At times like that, a GW-5000 is great, as is my GMW-B5000G-1, which I currently have on a Borealis rubber dive strap using JaysandKays adapters. Both of these watches will be virtually bulletproof, yet are quite comfortable on the rubber/resin straps.

It's hard to give advice in this area, because people's likes/wants are so different. The good thing is, if you try something and don't like it, you can always sell it. If I were you, I might start off with one of the full metal SS squares. They are significantly cheaper than the titanium, and you might find that you really like them. You might still end up with a Ti down the road, who knows...
Those are all great points! Thank you for your thoughts. I also think the titanium must be the ultimate square.

From your experience, do you tend to baby it or treat it differently than a cheaper square due to price/materials?

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the G-Shock forum. Do you think you could link me the forum? Im newer to navigating Watchuseek and Ive been trying to find the right forum. Maybe a G-Shock Square Owners thread or something like that?

Apologies Im terrible at navigating this Tapatalk app!

Premium Member
Those are all great points! Thank you for your thoughts. I also think the titanium must be the ultimate square.

From your experience, do you tend to baby it or treat it differently than a cheaper square due to price/materials?

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the G-Shock forum. Do you think you could link me the forum? Im newer to navigating Watchuseek and Ive been trying to find the right forum. Maybe a G-Shock Square Owners thread or something like that?

Apologies Im terrible at navigating this Tapatalk app!

141 - 160 of 197 Posts