• Two to five

Votes: 122 35.1%
  • More than five

Votes: 41 11.8%
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Those are all great points! Thank you for your thoughts. I also think the titanium must be the ultimate square.

From your experience, do you tend to baby it or treat it differently than a cheaper square due to price/materials?

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the G-Shock forum. Do you think you could link me the forum? I’m newer to navigating Watchuseek and I’ve been trying to find the right forum. Maybe a “G-Shock Square Owners” thread or something like that?

Apologies I’m terrible at navigating this Tapatalk app!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm retired and don't do much hard manual work. But since I have so many g-shocks, if I were going to do something where the watch could get damaged (maybe digging a ditch or something like that) I would wear a cheap one like my DW-5600E ($30 on sale). So I baby them in that sense. But 99% of the time, they won't see hard use anyway so I can wear any of them whenever I want.

Reactions: JustAbe

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a G-Shock and a regular Casio. I got the G-Shock because it has data storage capacity, although it's quite cumbersome to use, but I still like it. The size is great and not as overly large as some of them are.

·
Registered
513 Posts
No G-shocks in the collection but I have one of those huge titanium Casio Pathfinders (even bigger than a G-shock) with the electronic compass, altimeter, barometer, compass bezel, and "Tough Solar" movement. Does that count? It's crazy light and the altimeter and compass are actually useful since I like to hike. I haven't worn it in a long time though, simply because it's gigantic

I have a Casio W-59 (50m WR variant of the F-91w) that gets far more use, and since I haven't broken that I figured I don't need a G-Shock.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a G-7600 that gets worn on the water when it might get bashed around (surfing/sailing). I could wear my Garmin but it’s a bit big.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's my first watch and the one that I wear the most. It may not be the prettiest but I have the most memories with it.

·
Registered
...waiting for a Omega PO 8900 w/ white dial & black bezel
132 Posts
I've got a total of three G-Shocks, and one of them has been with me on multiple deployments and training ops. None of them have missed a beat and a truly solid performers. Can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Garmin Fenix that does pretty much everything I would want and then some that most would choose a G-Shock for, but I get why some people enjoy wearing/collecting them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Six Casios, 5 G-Shocks. They're cheap, fun, collectible and nigh indestructible. What's not to like? I usually wear them hiking, doing yardwork and when cooking for the timers.

Casio A168WA-1, GA2100, GMS2100, GMS5600, GWM5610-JP1, G-Shock Mini GMN-550:

Do wish they made a smaller fitness tracking model. I think the big ones are hideous.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts