WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a sort of mini-poll. I collect Petrodvoretz watches, including Raketa, Neva, Sviet, Cornavin, etc and also any Pobeda, Sekonda etc with Petrodvoretz movements.

My question is this. How many different watches do you think have been made at Petrodvoretz? By "different" I include variations in dial style or colour, case colour, logos (eg with or without the Soviet quality mark; English or Cyrillic; or different brand name on the same watch) and of course movement (eg, same watch with 2209A or B) - all of these would count as "different watches". I *don't* include variations in hands or crowns, since these are likely to have been replaced in service (?reasonable?).

So, on this basis, any guesses as to how large my collection will eventally become? I am guessing at least 2000?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aww, come on, don't be scared. Have a guess. Here's my guess.

About 15 movements; each with about 6 diffference cases; each with about 5 different dial designs; chrome or gold plating - that gives 15x6x5x2 = 900. Then allow for minor dial variants (with or without quality mark; English v Cyrillic lettering; and some instances of the same watch with different brands on the dial), and I figure that gives something like 3000.

Any advance on that? And how come the Petrodvoretz factory isn't more forthcoming? Has anyone tried inviting someone from the factory onto this forum?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would say 3000 is too much. No every dial style came with both gold and silver case. I believe it would be less than 1000.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1000 - that's reassuring! I'm now up to about 210, and my cabinet will hold about 1000.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,515 Posts
Back in the mid-1980s when the supply of cheap Swiss pin-levers started to dry up in Hong Kong, but before serious trade with the Mainland came on-stream, several HK watch companies briefly switched to Soviet movements. The Raketa 2609NA, 2614N etc were included amongst these. Finding them is a bit difficult though as sometimes they were using up old stock of dials marked 'Swiss Movt'.

Cardinal is another Swiss brand like Cornavin that ordered complete watches from Petrodvorets. Mostly they just seem to be duplicates of Raketa and Sekonda branded models.

I'm not aware of any Raketa movements being used in foreign-cased Sekondas. All that I've seen have been exact duplicates of the Raketa-branded models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts