WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just a quickie, I've popped the back off my GW-9000 and GW-810BD (I actually swapped the modules to see what a negative display looked like in the Mudman.)

Now I was very careful and methodical, but I am suprised to find in the back of each 1 proper spring, and one sprung contact - is that right? I would have expected two springs and one sprung contact. I checked the howto regarding changing the rechargeable batt in the MTG-900, but it's a different module, and I was so careful and never noticed another spring pop out.

I'm just wondering if there is a spring needed to ground the battery charge against the caseback, and in both cases it's sprung off - although I have checked my desk very carefully.

The alarm sounds OK, and the watches both detect low light conditions, and come out of powersave when exposed to light - but I can't think of a nice quick method to check the batteries are being charged properly.

It would be really cool if someone wouldn't mind letting me know, or popping off their caseback so I can get a comparison.

Cheers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Springs or contacts always left its 'foot-prints' inside the back. If you are not sure how many of them, then use magnified 10x loop and explore them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a good luck but I can't find anything. Both watches are less than a week old so I wonder if more time would be needed for any spring/contact to rub against the caseback and leave these tell tale signs?

Cheers anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts