1. Seiko SKX w/ Date: "Seiko shuffle" rotor on 7s26 movement
  2. Seiko SKX w/ Date: "Seiko shuffle" rotor on 7s26 movement
  3. Omega Seamaster /w Date: Handwind
  4. Different Omega Seamaster /w Date: Handwind
How about you?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You have two copies of the same watch...and keep them all wound?

Depends. Usually 2-3. My beater Seiko on a winder, then usually another two I swap between. I wear them enough to keep them wound (if auto) otherwise obviously hand wind the manual ones.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I keep 4 wound up each morning without any watch winders:
  4. Omega Seamaster /w Date: Handwind
How about you?
Usually around ten are running, plus my battery and solar run quartz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
One.
The one I'm wearing that day.

I see no point in keeping multiples running constantly. My morning ritual of winding and setting the days watch over a cup of coffee is a small pleasure.

Now if I ever own a perpetual calendar or a moon phase, that'd be a different story.

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
I keep 4 wound up each morning without any watch winders:
  4. Different Omega Seamaster /w Date: Handwind
How about you?
why?

and which do you use?

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Me too. That's why I wind more than just one without the use of a winder.
Oh I see. I might have slightly misread your OP.

I tend to wear a watch a week. Regardless of whether it's a manual-wind or an automotic, I'll wind it up to about 3/4 of a full-wind ever day, and do so at around the same time.

Once it goes back into a box, it'll wind down until I take it out again 3-4 months later.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I use a unique strategy, I wear the same watch for long periods of time. I'm talking months and months 24/7 use. Ironically I do own 3 automatic watches and had no rest until I bought a beautiful Wolf Winder years ago that I don't use. That's not entirely true, it has a watch storage box built in to the top of the winder so I keep the other 2 autos and my quartz watch there.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why?

and which do you use?
I just enjoy winding them each day - no other practical reason that I can think of because I only wear one. I suppose if I think about it, it keeps the Date complication updated, but it's more because I enjoy the winding.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
All of them, but a small internal battery does that for me. I don't have to reset the time on any of them either, since they don't stop running, and don't drift by more than a few seconds a month, or less.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I mean, I only wear one watch at a time, so one is wound. And then one or two are still running for a 1-3 days depending if they're manual or auto and the barrel size/number.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I just enjoy winding them each day - no other practical reason that I can think of because I only wear one. I suppose if I think about it, it keeps the Date complication updated, but it's more because I enjoy the winding.
If they're autos, for many movements, manual winding puts a lot of stress on the movement and can cause a pre-mature failure. Also, bad if the watch has a screw-down crown.

Better to either put them on a winder or let them wind down.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You have two copies of the same watch...and keep them all wound?
Possibly the SKX 007 and SKX 009.

I usually keep 2 wound. The one I wear around the house and the one when I go out.

Reactions: Aspyred
1 - 20 of 58 Posts