WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone. The year is almost over. Now fess up. How many watches have you bought this year? The ones you flip also count.

I've been only in this game since March and I have 4 in hand with one in transit and if I am lucky, I might squeeze one in before the end of the year after Christmas. Thats more in 9 months than in the previous 34 years of my life. Oy.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Nice call. Ok so let me count o| :-d This year I bought

And this which is on the way

Oh boy.. I just noticed that I did it :-x
Andrew

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only 2 this year. A Casio G-Shock AWG-100 and the Black Monster. My son arrived in March and I had not much time and money to spend on watches unfortunately, not easy with 2 small kids :( My daughter will be 3yrs in March. Hopefully 2009 will be better, I have a few nice pieces on my wish list :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Considering I just joined this year...

Everything in my sig! So that's what, 19? And then 3 more when you count the projects that I hope to finish putting together by the end of the year :D

Plus one Black Monster that I had for a couple of days, decided an OM was plenty, and flipped.

Plus 2 Activas that came with Shnoop random boxes o' crap and an Ashworth that came with a Yugster random box 'o crap.

27 total. I don't really count those last 3 though because I didn't actually select them.

edit: forgot 2 I bought as gifts. So make that 29.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
3 Nothing super expensive though all between 60-450

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I don't know, a handful definitely, but not too many. I think I modded and restored more than I bought this year. Maybe 20 or so total. I really should be keeping track.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice call. Ok so let me count o| :-d This year I bought

And this which is on the way

Oh boy.. I just noticed that I did it :-x
Andrew
Raggyboy! I admire and envy your collection!!!!!!!! :-!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Only fourteen, but I bought one Rolex Explorer I, hamilton vintage 1960s and thats it. Inherited a Fossil 1980s, Seiko 1980s, A vintage J.A. foster (more like rescued from being thrown out) and a Tag.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
God now I have to have this number in the back of my head. The number is 46 watches purchased this year. I expected a lot of transitions this year after only gaining one a year for the previous 10 years since I sold my entire old collection. Sorry make the 47 I just saw my new LM-7 under the Christmas tree.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
God now I have to have this number in the back of my head. The number is 46 watches purchased this year. I expected a lot of transitions this year after only gaining one a year for the previous 10 years since I sold my entire old collection. Sorry make the 47 I just saw my new LM-7 under the Christmas tree.
47!!! That's almost 1 a week!!!

|>|>|>|>|>

·
Registered
331 Posts
Five this year.... and gave one away. An SKX011J, Benarus Barricuda, 6309-7040, 6309-729A, and an Ecozilla, but I don't get to wear the 'Zilla until the 25th. If I can, I might sneak in another couple, if the wife isn't looking ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Invicta 8926 diver x 2,
8928 diver,
9212 speedway x 2,
3516 Speedway II,
Alpha Day Date president style,
Orient Day Date President style x 2,
Croton auto,
Seiko SNA253 slide rule chrono,
Seiko SNZF11 diver,
Seiko SNA413 slide rule alarm chrono,
Seiko SNA411 slide rule alarm chrono,
Seiko SNA225 alarm chrono
F1 chrono,
Another chrono brand unknown,
Elite boys quartz,

plus various antique pocket watches.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I started late this year and purchased 8 watches since September. |>

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Let's see:

2 Orange Knights
1 Orange Monster
1 Orient Multi-Eye

And legitimate excuses with each purchase....

Angelis

1 - 20 of 28 Posts