WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure many of you will say you can never have too many watches, lol! But id say seven would be the sensible (if it is indeed 'sensible' to own more than one watch?) number. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
When one starts building wall-mounted storage areas, and then considers charging admission, one MAY have gone a wee bit far ..... :-d

Up till then though, it's all good!

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
201 Posts
I find it is always one more than I currently own;-)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
When one starts building wall-mounted storage areas, and then considers charging admission, one MAY have gone a wee bit far ..... :-d

Up till then though, it's all good!

Cheers!
Bill
How about adding a second story to your home just for your babies. :-!

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I wouldn't know what reasonable is. I may have gone overboard, but theres so many nice watches out there!

·
Registered
737 Posts
"Enough"? "Sensible"?

There is obviously still hope for you if you actually know what these words mean. ;-)

Personally, I will consider my collection almost complete when my watch storage facilities look just like the last scene of "Indiana Jones" (the long warehouse shot before they fade to black and roll credits).

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Poilce dog... Do you train? Schutzhund maybe? My mother was an importer for 15 years. Here is my lil beast. She is really just trained in hanging out and doing what I say ahah

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Personally, I will consider my collection almost complete when my watch storage facilities look just like the last scene of "Indiana Jones" (the long warehouse shot before they fade to black and roll credits).

I'm dying over here .... my wife has already threatened me using this same analogy!! :-d

Cheers!
Bill

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Enough?! :think:
Maybe if I approach the number of Zippos in my collection (I lost count at 500 or so)
Or, when my wife makes me sleep in a tent in the backyard....:-d

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
There's a thread on the Affordables asking how many watches do you own. Since it started I've added 11 watches to my collection. Glad I haven't posted on that thread yet :-d

·
Registered
534 Posts
it all depends on what and why you are collecting. for me, i'd like to collect at least one watch featuring every movement i find interesting, both swiss and asian. in my collection, i'm also making sure to cover a number of styles - dress watches, chronographs, divers, even quartz. eventually i'd like to start collecting my favorite models of my favorite small-volume luxury brands, but those days are a long way off. in the mean time, i think 'enough' is as many watches as i wear on a regular basis or have special significance to me.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
it all depends on what and why you are collecting. for me, i'd like to collect at least one watch featuring every movement i find interesting, both swiss and asian. in my collection, i'm also making sure to cover a number of styles - dress watches, chronographs, divers, even quartz. eventually i'd like to start collecting my favorite models of my favorite small-volume luxury brands, but those days are a long way off. in the mean time, i think 'enough' is as many watches as i wear on a regular basis or have special significance to me.

That's what I like. I have an Eco drive, Quartz, Manual Wind and a Automatic.
I'd like an Autoquartz/Kenitc style. Maybe an atomic. I've also been looking at the electronic Omegas. I found a few the other day at an estate sale shop.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My personal limit is 10 and that's perfect for me because I have a 10 watch storage case. I currently have 11, but one will be given as a Christmas gift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts