WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm doing a little bit of research... help me out if you can. And YES I know I should have better things to do on the honeymoon then talk to in-laws (private joke for some of the our forum members) and look for watch accessories but I don't fly to Beijing everyday so I want to make use of the opportunity.

So the question is, how much did or would you guys pay for a watch display box/case (similar to these pics)

On a second note, would anyone buy a Chinese made watch winder? And no, its not for me as I only have quartz Omega's ;-)

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Don't buy that junk

If you are going to spend that hard earned money, go ahead and get
one thats not junk. I don't know about the first one but the second one is trash. Pasteboard with a vinyl wood looking covering. don't waste
time or money on that crap. Corley's
http://www.like2box.com/?gclid=CM6y-9bkrJACFRmCkwodH3YBpA
is a great seller, quick shipping and honest people. Make sure
you ask your wife and maw-in-law first. I'd hate to see you cut off even before the honeymoons over. This is how to do it:
When she askes "why you buyin that box? you say....."for those
10 new Omegas I just ordered! now shut up and fix me a drink"
Got it?
Heres a few pics of the boxes. They are nicely made with quality
materials, great fit and finish and a bargin. You will love them.
jim

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I got my case while negotiating for a watch. We hit the max. discount and I told a free box would seal the deal :-d. It costs EUR 120,= retail in the shop but you should find similar online for less.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I keep mine in the original boxes. David

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Re: Thats because

you are cheap and the only good watch box you got is the one I gave you.
Where's that one?
jim
ps
please remove those junker IWCs, this is the Omega forum
please post those on IWC forum, thank you.
Who wants to buy a winder?

You don't seem to have a problem with IWC's. I believe this is your wrist?

·
Registered
525 Posts
The watch box that you first pictured can be found on line for around $40.00 or so.
It's a decent, well made box. I have the same one in cherry color.

That being said, a good quality custom made watch/jewelry box will start at $125.00 and up.

I woodwork as a hobby, but just don't have time. Otherwise, I'd have a big 'ol honkin' 20 watch box made out of exotic hardwoods o|

Russ

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
So the question is, how much did or would you guys pay for a watch display box/case (similar to these pics)

My two are similar (if not the same) as your examples. Great for the price. My only complaint is with the 2-drawer version, where that bottom drawer is not tall enough to handle large watches like a Speedy or PO. I can only put my flatter vintages in it, and even then, I have to push them down a little as I close the drawer. I would not buy another 2-drawer version of this type.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
It's a real shame nobody does boxes/cases specifically for watch straps... mine are scattered all over the place. :-( :-( :-(
Oh, but they do, sorta. I keep my tools and straps in a couple of cigar humidors that I picked up at the smoke shop. They look good and are functional. David

·
Registered
663 Posts
I feel the need to touch myself after seeing some of those photographs . . .

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
No more than a couple hundred for anything in the pics

Except for that thousand dollar POS winder, that doesn't work. Yeah I'm random, or maybe just unorganized. David

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I'd been looking at them but I can never find any that have compartments. :-(
Hey Eagle, the ones that I've purchased have a sliding cedar divider in them. works well. Good luck. David

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wife just tells me that her step-brother, my step-brother-in-law, works at a jeweler in Beijing and probably knows some china-men who can custom make me a display case. I'm not planning to see him until the reception (don't start again Mooses, I'll explain one day) but if I can get a custom made one, that may be awesome. Who knows, maybe I can get him to make them and resell them back home. hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'd been looking at them but I can never find any that have compartments. :-(
Good morning Eagle. Just picked up a Gerstner box - the GI 525 (International Division) - it would truly be a simple matter to customize these yourself with compartments as you like, with little slats of wood. Wouldn't need much of anything in the way of woodworking equipment.

http://www.gerstner-international.com/

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts