WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pretty open ended question I appreciate but I am looking at the below Rolex 16220 w/o box and papers. I trust the seller so believe it is real but to my limited experience the case looks polished. How much do you think polishing affects the value and what do you think would be a fair price for this example? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
ebay is your friend in this instance. Look up sold listings to get an approximate idea of what the market values these at. We do not do valuations on the forum.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
eBay, chono24, watchrecon for prices. The lugs and side on the right are too heavily polished for me to consider buying it.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
The fair price is what you and seller agree on. If you trust the seller, ask them your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Polishing doesn’t look bad to me at all but pics could be better. The spring bars are not protruding from the lug holes, and the bezel still looks pretty sharp as does the coronet on the clasp. I’d be more concerned with stretch on the bracelet. In general over polishing Is more of an issue with professional models with chamfers that get rounded or crown guards that get ground to little nubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts