WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’ve worn a watch since I was a very young boy. The act of looking at my wrist to check the time is almost an involuntary movement. I rarely use my phone or computer to check the time, but I look at my empty wrist quite often after removing my watch!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Generally don't wear a watch when i'm at home as I have clocks in every room plus generally have my phone with me. But, I always wear a watch when i'm out of the house and i'll use that to primarily check the time; so all the time when i'm out of the house.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

Not sure why that jumped to mind other than I am dating myself. Looking at my watch to tell the time is a reflex action. Now how often do you watch your watch movement?

·
Registered
155 Posts
It also is a dream schedule (except time at donkey sanctuary and car wash are likely not my things).

There are plenty of opportunities for you to glance at your watch, mainly to tell "is it pub time yet"?

As for me, I hardly ever pull my phone to tell time, and I am just used to look at my watch to tell if its decent time to go drinking yet, or if I am going to invoke my better half's ire if I stick around for one more.

Yeah, I know, this sounds like the most ridiculous thread, especially as this is a watch forum, but I have been thinking. Please bear in mind that my living room, kitchen and bedroom have a clock in it, and my office has a computer with the time looking me in the face. I am retired, and my life works like this.

Monday - golf in the morning, and my golf watch is worn. This gives me distance to the pin and hazards. I can also press a button for the time. Afternoon, I spend a few hours at the pub, where there is a large clock.

Tuesday - Volunteer at a donkey sanctuary. I only wear a cheap quartz watch on that day due to manual work, as the risk of damage to a decent timepiece is significant.

Wednesday - See Monday

Thursday - This is the day I do all my husband stuff. Wash the cars, cut the lawn, and repair things. I wear my quartz watch whilst doing this, otherwise I am in one of the household rooms with a clock.

Friday - See Monday

Weekends - I am either in the house, or having a drink in the pub. Occasionally we may go out for the day, however we can't right now.

I change my watch every day on a rota basis and love doing so, in reality though I am finding I rarely look at my watch to tell the time, how crazy is that? What about you

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
it's the reason I'm wearing a watch.

Sent from my wrist using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I use my watch to tell the time many, many times a day and I use my cell phone to confirm the date when I'm writing checks or at the bank because I don't set the date on my watch.

·
Registered
463 Posts
All the time. It's easier than digging for my phone. Or holding my phone. Or unlocking my phone.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
While I'm awake, innumerable times a day. If I wake up while I'm sleeping, I push the light button on my sleepin' watch (G-Shock) and see how much longer I have until the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Impossible to say until I get that time check count complication I’ve been eyeing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I actually do think it is a legitimate question.
When I am actually working, I always glance at my pc/laptop anyway so i don't need my watch to tell the time.
I would say that on average maybe I just use it 3 times a day? In the morning while preparing for work, sometimes during lunch and in the evenings if I'm out for exercise.
Besides that, I am on my phone so often I usually glance at the time as well.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Several times.......yes, there are other things that tell time but none as good looking as my watches :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very often, and to check the date, hence I prefer watches that show the date. However, even when wearing a watch without it I instinctively look at my wrist when I want to know the date (or, of course, the time).

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I always wear a watch and I always use it to check the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
All the time, it seems like we went backwards with phones as the very reason pocket-watches became obsolete was the cumbersome nature of their use.

I only use my Mechanical watch to tell the time and have rooted my phone to disable the clock completely. Honestly, if there was a world where I could throw my phone in the garbage and continue life without issues, I would.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah, I know, this sounds like the most ridiculous thread, especially as this is a watch forum, but I have been thinking. Please bear in mind that my living room, kitchen and bedroom have a clock in it, and my office has a computer with the time looking me in the face. I am retired, and my life works like this.

Monday - golf in the morning, and my golf watch is worn. This gives me distance to the pin and hazards. I can also press a button for the time. Afternoon, I spend a few hours at the pub, where there is a large clock.

Tuesday - Volunteer at a donkey sanctuary. I only wear a cheap quartz watch on that day due to manual work, as the risk of damage to a decent timepiece is significant.

Wednesday - See Monday

Thursday - This is the day I do all my husband stuff. Wash the cars, cut the lawn, and repair things. I wear my quartz watch whilst doing this, otherwise I am in one of the household rooms with a clock.

Friday - See Monday

Weekends - I am either in the house, or having a drink in the pub. Occasionally we may go out for the day, however we can't right now.

I change my watch every day on a rota basis and love doing so, in reality though I am finding I rarely look at my watch to tell the time, how crazy is that? What about you
Glad you’re making the most of your retirement and pondering the big questions.

I use my watch to tell the time whenever I want to know what time it is.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Suddenly less often than I’m used to.I recently moved to Iceland, and the thick winter coat I’m now wearing makes it simpler to just grab my phone than peel back the coat over my wrists.

81 - 100 of 155 Posts