WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
OK, you had me with "donkey sanctuary".

And taking in the rest of your post, maybe it's not absolutely necessary for you to know what time it is for anything in your week/life? Except perhaps for tee time on Mon and Wed?

I'm intensely envious...

Haha.
But seriously, I use my watch the most for a time reference.
It's easier to look to one place for that.
It's true. Since I retired I give up a day a week to work at a donkey sanctuary. I love animals even more than watches

Reactions: leastonh

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I was with you until here, though I hope some joke is going over my head. If you’re having trouble reading your watch, it might help to take your head out of your ass.
I'm presuming you are aware of the pandemic?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
My watch accounts for 75% of my sources of the time (clocks, phone, computer combine for the remaining 25%), but the reason I look at my watch is about 50% to get the time and 50% to admire its aesthetics. So I am looking at my watch often throughout the day
Yes, I think we all do that. I can look at my watch several times and have no idea what the time is

Reactions: Actium

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I check the time all the time during the day. I was surprised reading that other thread where the other OP confessed to not setting the time on their watch.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I use my watch for the time alot throughout the day. Also use my diving bezel for a simple timer at least a few times per day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Now that the weather is cooler and I'm wearing long sleeve shirts I check it more often for no other reason than to look at the watch.

·
Premium Member
64,113 Posts
All I can say is “a lot”. Even when I’m on my iPad and the time is up there on the screen for all to see I still glance at my watch.

·
Registered
30,787 Posts
My watch will tell me the time......?

I thought it was just eye candy for the wrist?

Learned something new today.....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lots...no wall clocks; only microwave, stove and 2 clock radios...

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
NEVER - It's just jewelry. 🤪

Reactions: watchutalkinbout?!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yeah, I know, this sounds like the most ridiculous thread, especially as this is a watch forum, but I have been thinking. Please bear in mind that my living room, kitchen and bedroom have a clock in it, and my office has a computer with the time looking me in the face. I am retired, and my life works like this.

Monday - golf in the morning, and my golf watch is worn. This gives me distance to the pin and hazards. I can also press a button for the time. Afternoon, I spend a few hours at the pub, where there is a large clock.

Tuesday - Volunteer at a donkey sanctuary. I only wear a cheap quartz watch on that day due to manual work, as the risk of damage to a decent timepiece is significant.

Wednesday - See Monday

Thursday - This is the day I do all my husband stuff. Wash the cars, cut the lawn, and repair things. I wear my quartz watch whilst doing this, otherwise I am in one of the household rooms with a clock.

Friday - See Monday

Weekends - I am either in the house, or having a drink in the pub. Occasionally we may go out for the day, however we can't right now.

I change my watch every day on a rota basis and love doing so, in reality though I am finding I rarely look at my watch to tell the time, how crazy is that? What about you
You may be worried about the wrong things. Does your living room, kitchen, and bedroom clock display the same time as your computer? See, now you have a new project to tackle!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I love looking at my watch on mywrist so I probably check the time a dozen or more times a day. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I loathe pulling out my phone to check the time. It's such an inelegant affair with increasingly larger and slippery phones. Why we've regressed back to pocket watch is beyond me (well, I do know why, I'm just being cheeky).

Another way that I see it is sometimes having multiple 'devices' spreads out your battery life throughout your day. A watch means you're less likely to turn on your phone's display to check the time and be tempted to check your messages. Having paper readouts on your desk means you, in a way, have multiple monitors without having multiple monitors.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now that I’m working from home, I’ve actually gotten in the habit of taking my watch off and setting it down on my desk by my monitor while I work to prevent desk diving marks. But I’ll still look down and glance at it every few minutes. Anyone else?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was just watching some NFL (American football) documentaries and saw this thread.

my answer: Definitely not as often as Drew Brees licks his own hands (which I estimate at .1Hz)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Every moment of the day. I have twins and before work I have everything broken down to an hour schedule. So I am checking like every 5 mins to see how I am doing on time before the next task (feeding, teaching them, changing, my nap time, next feeding time). All other means other than a watch would consume valuable seconds which leads to minutes, especially to take my phone out of my pocket, run to the next room to get it, tap the screen if it is next to me, screem to Alexa every 5 minutes what time is it, etc. Viewing my watch takes absolutely no time at all, it is always near even when my hands are full.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts