WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
i hate mobile phones and smart watches!!!

i make it a point to tell time only by looking at my watch!!! and it helps when you have a collection of the watches you love, so i end up just looking at the watch because i am happy with it and i love it. so this multiplies the number of times i look at my watch haha

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
More often than I thought I would do.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
The comment from Dan T is relieving. My work I'm sitting at a computer monitor for endless hours, and the clock is right there on the screen. I almost feel guilty for not using my watch, but the reality is that I rarely reference it because the other is just so convenient. When out and about the watch is invaluable, and in these times of COVID there have been more than a few times where I'm referencing an empty wrist. I thought I was the only one....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I know, this sounds like the most ridiculous thread, especially as this is a watch forum, but I have been thinking. Please bear in mind that my living room, kitchen and bedroom have a clock in it, and my office has a computer with the time looking me in the face. I am retired, and my life works like this.
at least 10x16 = probably 150 times a day

wle

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not use phones or clocks, only my wristwatch. I also have to have a date function on every piece. I refer to it multiple times throughout the day!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
While I use mine a lot for its intended purpose, I get where you're coming from. I often glance at a clock around the house, despite having on a watch. However, the watch still receives a lot of time checks and I feel naked without one on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I know, this sounds like the most ridiculous thread, especially as this is a watch forum, but I have been thinking. Please bear in mind that my living room, kitchen and bedroom have a clock in it, and my office has a computer with the time looking me in the face. I am retired, and my life works like this.

Monday - golf in the morning, and my golf watch is worn. This gives me distance to the pin and hazards. I can also press a button for the time. Afternoon, I spend a few hours at the pub, where there is a large clock.

Tuesday - Volunteer at a donkey sanctuary. I only wear a cheap quartz watch on that day due to manual work, as the risk of damage to a decent timepiece is significant.

Wednesday - See Monday

Thursday - This is the day I do all my husband stuff. Wash the cars, cut the lawn, and repair things. I wear my quartz watch whilst doing this, otherwise I am in one of the household rooms with a clock.

Friday - See Monday

Weekends - I am either in the house, or having a drink in the pub. Occasionally we may go out for the day, however we can't right now.

I change my watch every day on a rota basis and love doing so, in reality though I am finding I rarely look at my watch to tell the time, how crazy is that? What about you
Well, good question. I own 5-6 watches from Swatch to Tag Heuer Monaco 69. Since I got my Tag Heuer Connected smartwatch I almost never switched it with the others. The fact is that I rarely use it for the time having all these devices and wall clocks showing time without any head movement (almost). I look at my watch when a new notification arrives, and that is a couple of dozen times daily. But, as a habit of decades, whenever I am lost in my thoughts, reading or similar situations and wonder what the time is, I always raise my wrist to have a look. Say half a dozen times daily. Plus when I put it on and take it off. Need another decade before I retire normally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I use mine a lot for its intended purpose, I get where you're coming from. I often glance at a clock around the house, despite having on a watch. However, the watch still receives a lot of time checks and I feel naked without one on.
Agreed. I feel naked without a watch, but only when I leave the house. Around the house I tend not to wear one. There is a clock in almost every room, so I guess I don't feel the need to wear one. While wearing I probably check over 100 times a day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
smart phones are an unavoidable part of our daily lives. with that said I ignore mine as much as possible and rely on my watch to tell me the time probably 80ish % of the time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I look at mine all the time. I'll look at my watch before my phone/computer screen/stove/wall/etc. Just a habit I guess.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I use my watch to see the time significantly more than all other time sources combined - unless I'm in one of our cars - then it is easier to just look at the time there.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts