WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the reasons I love the G is the 200M water resistant. I do get concern once in awhile that I'm getting my G wet more often then not. I shower with it, wash hands, swim, canoe, fish, etc. I assume the gasket will hold until the next battery change. So how often does your G get completely wet on a daily basis? For me I would say 3 times daily minimum.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm trying to resist being immature, but this sounds dirty...:-d

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
:-d:-d:-d
Mine only get wet when I go swimming in the summer. I always take them off when showering - not because I think they can't take it but because I can strap them right back on when I'm done without having to towel them dry. Should they get dirty I wash 'em with pure tab water and a soft handbrush.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I'm more of a desk diver, so not that often for me. But definitely when I take my Gs on a nice vacation and go swimming.

So I'd say maybe 3-4 times a year? :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
this is the only watch that i am not conscious of that i own. i never thought about it until now but i guess i wear mine in the shower at least 3 times a week. i don't care if it gets wet or completely dried off after. in fact, i like wearing it in the shower and knowing the time (seems silly i know). not that i have disdaine for a G but that i expect profound performance from it. i would never do this with any other watch .... mostly :think:
i am constantly in and around dust also which has lead to the early demise of several blackberries. i don't shower with them though :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
at least 10+ times a day: 2 to 3 showers, A LOT of handwashing, hose streams, etc. The G never comes off regardless of what I'm doing - which seems to always involve water, solvents, chemicals, etc.

It makes me truly laugh when people on here say they take their G's off when they shower / swim, secondary to not wanting to ruin the seal. My get's dunked MANY times a day, in both water and a myriad of different harsh chemicals - and I have never once had one fail. That is combined with the fact that I beat the ever-loving snot out of it too.

People need to stop worrying about how tough their G is, until they actually break it....... then go buy another one!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My Mudman was actually 110% caked in dirt/mud/muddy water over the weekend. I had to remove the strap/bezel and scrub it to get the mud off. It resisted the mud, but I was still amazed at how the grime just got everywhere on the watch. And still functions 110%; I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My G has gotten wet, its been oiled and lubed, been in the shower with me, been to bed with me. We even experimented with food together. A lot of good times together. My G wasn't even bothered with me leaving it for awhile to pursue other watches.

That's because it knew.... it knew that I would come back. No matter how many times I've gone astray, I always came back and there it was, waiting for me to pick it up and embrace it again. There's something about my G. It's certainly not as pretty as the other watches. It's not that elegant either, quite unrefined, actually. It's so easy to pass it by, not giving it even a glance. Despite all these traits, there's something about it that compels me to have nothing but unconditional love for it. I think I know the answer... it was always there for me.

No matter how bad it got, there was my G, right there beside me. Always there, giving me constant and unending support. Always there to guide me, keep me in line, help me keep track and stay on top of things. I've come to respect, appreciate, and love my G's undying loyalty and faithfulness... especially when I haven't initially treated it to even close to half as well as it had to me. I know better now. A lot better. In fact, now that I'm older and not as spry as I once was, I may be fully dependent on my G. That's alright, because it's pretty much the same as it was from the first day we've been together, so I know it'll continue to be as it was many years from now. I may have changed, but I've changed for the better. As for my G, it hasn't changed at all. It never needed to, because it was already perfect the entire time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As often as it needs to be. I don't stress it. About 5 years ago I lost a G to the Maury River in VA. If it was recovered, I would not be at all shocked if a cleaning and a new battery would get it running again. That's about how much you should worry about your G.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My G has gotten wet, its been oiled and lubed, been in the shower with me, been to bed with me. We even experimented with food together. A lot of good times together. My G wasn't even bothered with me leaving it for awhile to pursue other watches.

That's because it knew.... it knew that I would come back. No matter how many times I've gone astray, I always came back and there it was, waiting for me to pick it up and embrace it again. There's something about my G. It's certainly not as pretty as the other watches. It's not that elegant either, quite unrefined, actually. It's so easy to pass it by, not giving it even a glance. Despite all these traits, there's something about it that compels me to have nothing but unconditional love for it. I think I know the answer... it was always there for me.

No matter how bad it got, there was my G, right there beside me. Always there, giving me constant and unending support. Always there to guide me, keep me in line, help me keep track and stay on top of things. I've come to respect, appreciate, and love my G's undying loyalty and faithfulness... especially when I haven't initially treated it to even close to half as well as it had to me. I know better now. A lot better. In fact, now that I'm older and not as spry as I once was, I may be fully dependent on my G. That's alright, because it's pretty much the same as it was from the first day we've been together, so I know it'll continue to be as it was many years from now. I may have changed, but I've changed for the better. As for my G, it hasn't changed at all. It never needed to, because it was already perfect the entire time.
This takes the cake! And I completely agree :-!:-!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the AWG101 which is a model Bear wears on Man vs Wild. The stuff he does and muck he swims thru, gives me confidence for my G.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Pretty much everyday my G-Shocks get wet.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Kind of funny question. I would assume that most wash there hands with there watches on so I would hope they get wet at least 3 time a day before meals ;-)

Really unless is cold outside my watches get sweaty or moisture just being on my wrist, I guess this is also true for most of us especially those in humid climates.

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
at least 10+ times a day: 2 to 3 showers, A LOT of handwashing, hose streams, etc. The G never comes off regardless of what I'm doing - which seems to always involve water, solvents, chemicals, etc.

It makes me truly laugh when people on here say they take their G's off when they shower / swim, secondary to not wanting to ruin the seal. My get's dunked MANY times a day, in both water and a myriad of different harsh chemicals - and I have never once had one fail. That is combined with the fact that I beat the ever-loving snot out of it too.

People need to stop worrying about how tough their G is, until they actually break it....... then go buy another one!

Same here. I get my G-Shocks wet 15+ times each day while washing my hands and showering.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My Mudman was actually 110% caked in dirt/mud/muddy water over the weekend. I had to remove the strap/bezel and scrub it to get the mud off. It resisted the mud, but I was still amazed at how the grime just got everywhere on the watch. And still functions 110%; I'm impressed.
Isn't that what the mud-resist buttons are for? To keep out the mud and grime?

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Kind of funny question. I would assume that most wash there hands with there watches on so I would hope they get wet at least 3 time a day before meals ;-)
Washing my hands doesn't mean washing my arms :-d. It's not very difficult to wash your hands without getting the watch wet :-d|>.

Greetings, Sedi :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts